How Many Have you seen? - Page 3 - Triumph Bobber Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 02:34 PM

Garage
Spotted 1 coming off the ferry for last years TT festival but none over for the Classic
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 04:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog View Post
It's rare to see a Triumph, much less a Bobber 50 mi north of Dallas. It could be that the Bobbers are being used as living room art in the cities, much like the advertisements make them out to be.
50 miles North of Dallas puts you about 20 miles out to sea close to the Moray Firth!

That said, i love in London and commute to work daily and turn in a few miles for fun every week and have also seen about zero other bobbers on the road, **** I have seen about 10,000% more old Honda 750/4 chops about lol

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 04:44 PM

I know for a fact I’m the only one with one here in Panama - few other people putting orders in though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 10:05 AM

I saw 2 this weekend.

One Saturday morning which, I think, may have been Jack Lilley's rusty bobber custom as it looked brown. I was in the car at the time, so didn't signal or anything.

Then, on Sunday morning, I saw the Number 59 Jack Lilley custom on the road to Hampton Court. As I was on my bike, I gave a jaunty wave and got a nod back.
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 10:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXTony View Post
I saw 2 this weekend.

One Saturday morning which, I think, may have been Jack Lilley's rusty bobber custom as it looked brown. I was in the car at the time, so didn't signal or anything.

Then, on Sunday morning, I saw the Number 59 Jack Lilley custom on the road to Hampton Court. As I was on my bike, I gave a jaunty wave and got a nod back.
I was called by my dealership today to say that my Bobber Black has arrived and did I want to come and have a look. When I got there my salesman kept on saying your lucky you ordered it when you did or you would have been waiting for some time to get one. He then mentioned that I was the first to get mine through them.

Odd I thought as he has told me 6 weeks ago when I put the order in that I needed to hurry because so many had placed an order already.

I know he was only doing his job and truth be told I didn’t need selling to at all... I’d already made my mind up to by one. Does make me think though.... given that I’ve never seen one out on the road... are there really that many of them being sold? lol
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J Commo View Post
I was called by my dealership today to say that my Bobber Black has arrived and did I want to come and have a look. When I got there my salesman kept on saying your lucky you ordered it when you did or you would have been waiting for some time to get one. He then mentioned that I was the first to get mine through them.

Odd I thought as he has told me 6 weeks ago when I put the order in that I needed to hurry because so many had placed an order already.

I know he was only doing his job and truth be told I didn’t need selling to at all... I’d already made my mind up to by one. Does make me think though.... given that I’ve never seen one out on the road... are there really that many of them being sold? lol
I had ordered mine over the phone in Dec. 2016. Mine was the 1st one to arrive at the dealer. They had to quickly put a "sold - do not sit on" sign on it. They told me I was the 1st to order it, but after that they had received more orders.
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 11:00 AM

When I contacted Corbin about the bobber seat, he said they were making about four a day. I was surprised to hear that they had that many bobber owners contacting them.
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 05:19 PM

I ordered mine in November of '16. I was the first of 6 he received. All are gone and I know he sold at least one '18 Black and has a red one in the showroom now! It seems odd that it outsold the Street Twin but I think the Bobber's sales record was for the first 3 months IIRC.
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 03:35 AM

Saw a matte black one in Richmond park on Friday afternoon.
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 06:09 AM

I saw one yesterday
the guy was with his wife;she, on a T120.

I was at the terrace of a tea room,they parked next to mine. the license plates said that the bikes came from the same shop as mine.
I was the only one at the terrace with a helmet on the table.
they sat at the table next mine. I said hello ..
I'm still waiting for the answer ...
I should not be good enough for them.no matter ..

when I left the tea room, I went to greet them and told them that it was dangerous to ride a motorcycle while being deaf. the guy said to me:

-"how's that deaf, I do not understand!"

and I answer him:

- "I am delighted to see that your hearing is functional and that if you have not answered my good morning it is simply because you are not polite."

the guy felt all stupid and if he had moved ..
I was standing, he was sit ..
and he would have taken my helmet in the head before he moved his big ass.

765RS,Speed3R,ThruxtonR,T120,ThruxtonClassic,Thrux tonEFI,HDSlim,48,NightRoad,DynaGlide,Roadking,Héri tage,900CBR,1500F6C,1100ZRX,1200Bandit,1100Zéphir, 1000CBR,750SRAD,VMax,750&1000GSXR,750Stinger,FJ120 0,500XT,Ténéré,GS1000&750,GT750&380,RDX,K5..

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page