7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Kaj

Indian Scout Bobber unveiled

Indian Scout Bobber unveiled | MCN

Just for your information...
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 02:55 AM

They can't call that a Bobber.......You can't buy a Bobber. A Bobber can only be built..............or so I have been told since I bought my Bobber ;-)
Forjox, BOBBYP and Dyna like this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 06:09 AM

Garage
To my eyes, that's ugly, especially the silencers (mufflers).
Forjox likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 08:57 AM

Garage
I liked the Scout. Fun to ride and powerful. But then I like most bikes.
But it had this unfinished look to it. Not like opportunities to add extras but more like they skimped here and there with fit and finish to keep the cost down.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 04:27 PM

That is one ugly bike
getor and MikenLbk like this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 10:55 AM

Garage
I really wanted to buy the victory octane which is the same as the scout but different body lines, but when I finally was able to make it to a dealer that had one in Oregon they wouldn't let me test drive it because it was wet outside. Later that day we went to the triumph dealer to look at a Thruxton for my wife and left with two bobbers lol. I didn't like the scout to begin with because of the body lines, but it looks better now, just needs a different exhaust and there are plenty of aftermarket ones out there.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 02:22 PM

might just be biased, but i think triumph's got them beat on this one. looks too bulky and cruisery - especially with the forward foot controls. wouldn't mind if somebody gave me one, but i wouldn't purchase one myself. anybody have any thoughts on the moto guzzi v9 bobber? seems like everyone's getting on the band wagon with their "bobber" models.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bobber_nero_latdx.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	4873  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 04:45 PM

I was very seriously hesitating between an Indian Scout and the Triumph Bobber... Not to say I'm having any regret but this Indian Bobber looks really fab too! I personally choose the Triumph as it was a bit easier to manage in the Parisian traffic jam, the Scout with the forward foot control wasn't very comfortable for me. After a week I'm not yet totally comfortable with the Triumph but it should get better with practice!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinacecca View Post
.....the Scout with the forward foot control wasn't very comfortable for me. After a week I'm not yet totally comfortable with the Triumph but it should get better with practice!
Interesting. I were looking at possible comfort mods the other day and came to the conclusion the Triumph bobber foot pegs were about 5" to far forward for the riding style the clip-ons I had fitted require. The clip-ons certainly give the bike a slimmer feel for threading the tin tops.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
The Indian looks like any other cruiser type bike and I cannot tell what would distinguish it from other Indians really. No comparison to the Triumph at all visually. The Triumph captures the vintage post war look very well. And on our bikes, love the tall front tire and shorter rear combo. I had read somewhere that was more of a British bobber tweak as opposed to US.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page