Indian Scout Bobber unveiled - Page 2 - Triumph Bobber Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin_tye View Post
I really wanted to buy the victory octane which is the same as the scout but different body lines, but when I finally was able to make it to a dealer that had one in Oregon they wouldn't let me test drive it because it was wet outside. Later that day we went to the triumph dealer to look at a Thruxton for my wife and left with two bobbers lol. I didn't like the scout to begin with because of the body lines, but it looks better now, just needs a different exhaust and there are plenty of aftermarket ones out there.
I owned an Octane. It is a very nice bike. I picked it over the Indian due to tire size. I put a 2" larger rotor on the bike to aid in stopping. I prefer the Bobber. The motor is not as powerful but i love it just as much. The Bobber handles a bit better. The Octane was good but the Bobber has it beat. The Octane also had a small tank. I have an extra sittin in the garage. The Bobber feels more refined.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 07:33 AM

Garage
I owned an Indian Scout LE for a little more than a year.

Whilst it had an awesome rev happy motor, I was deeply disappointed in the bike. It felt unfinished and built to a price point.

In its stock form the suspension is bordering on dangerous, especially at the rear. The designers worked hard to get that classic Scout geometry but in doing so the compromises on the rear suspension are significant. The Bobber has even less travel than the stock Scout, which surprises and worries me....

Where as on the Triumph we get polished and detailed metal finishes, on the Scout, there was plastic...Lots of Plastic.

The Bobber version is still essentially a stock Scout and is a rather splendid example of "Bandwagoning" in favour of real product development. It looks like it was rushed out of the the door, rather than developing a new platform...

I'm a fan of the 111 Indians, but the Scout was a big let down and The Triumph Bobber is by far the Superior machine
ysoslo likes this.

Sometimes the people around me won't understand my journey. They don't need to. It's not for them.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 11:24 AM

Garage
Well IMO i kinda think its trying to be bit like a post apocalyptic bike you see in the movies sorry an American ism - In a film. I was however thinking about one before I cam to my senses and went with the Triumph Bobber 77.
I only know of 2 places in the north of England where you can get them and that's Liverpool and Edinburgh so it would be a big hassle for service stamps ect.
besides I truly love my Triumph its the best thing since fresh air.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page