Scraping Pegs on Turns - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Scraping Pegs on Turns

This is in the review section because it is a review that comes to us from Bike World on Youtube on the 2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber. When he's on the test ride and going through the turns, you can hear him scraping the pegs though and it's quite loud lol.

Check from the 2:00 mark.

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 11:12 AM

Scraping a footpeg is ok and not really a big deal, when you're deep into a turn just position your foot a bit so it's not scraping along with the peg. It's like a gauge to let you know that you are nearing the maximum lean angle of the bike.

They're pretty cheap to replace anyways.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:10 AM

He was a superbike guy so it's understandable why he would lean enough for the pegs to scrape. Most of us won't go that far.

It was mentioned that the Bobber may not be the most fuel efficient bike out there. It has a 2.4 gallon tank and gets around 55 mpg, that's not a lot of range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

I don't really plan on riding this for very far distances and when I do, I have refueling stations on my route so I'm not too worried. If you have range anxiety, that would be the best thing to do.. pre-plan.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 11:34 AM

Glad triumph didn't decide to go with a large rear show tire or else it would have been harder to transition from left to right. The Bobber isn't just a cruiser, it needs to be fun to ride too and triumph just thought about everything.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

A larger rear tire would have looked a lot nicer aesthetically, but wouldn't have been as maneuverable in that sense of bobbing in and out.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 11:25 AM

Well placed pun my friend. A larger rear tire may deter you from leaning far enough to scrape the pegs, but where's the fun in that on a Bobber? you'd want to be agile around turns instead of pushing forward.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 09:52 PM

I may need to learn how to lean less, but shouldn't be a problem once I get used to the Bobber's lean limit. Used to leaning sport bikes more than they should.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownLow View Post
Well placed pun my friend. A larger rear tire may deter you from leaning far enough to scrape the pegs, but where's the fun in that on a Bobber? you'd want to be agile around turns instead of pushing forward.
Thanks I was going to put it in parenthesis but I was waiting for someone to pick up on it

I can see a larger rear tire on a show bike opposed to a bike that someone owns and wants to actually enjoy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page