RiderMagazine - Triumph Bobber First Look - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Matt

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

RiderMagazine - Triumph Bobber First Look

They posted a break down essentially of what the Triumph Bonneville Bobber is. Has some good information in it.

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber | First Look Review | Rider Magazine

Quote:
It has a wide, flat handlebar, a floating aluminum seat pan with a stitched, deep-foam solo pad, a “swing cage” that hides the rear monoshock and gives the bike a hard tail look, and spoked wheels with black rims shod with tube-type Avon Cobra tires.

Other special styling features include a battery box with a stainless steel strap, bar-end mirrors, a rear fender loop, twin throttle bodies that look like carburetors, over-sized adjustable levers, rubber fork gaiters, a rear “drum brake” inspired hub and a sprocket cover with a removable inspection cap. Premium finishes, special badges and covers, a branded, locking fuel cap and silver satin and graphite handlebar risers round out the factory custom look.
An innovative slotted seat design system allows the rider to position the seat “up and forward” in a sporty roadster position or “down and backward” for cruising in a more traditional riding position. A quick-release function for the gauges allows the rider to adjust their position to complement their seating and riding style, and regardless of position, seat height is a low 27.2 inches.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 11:02 AM

Great find! Did not know that the gauges moved on top of the adjustable seat. I'm assuming it only has two positions too. With so many little details, i can't imagine the bobber being all that cheap.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Thanks !

But I agree, with the way they're describing this too and all of these bang on parts on it, darn I'm real interested to see what it's gonna be like.

The gauges aren't only just adjustable, they have a darn quick release function.

"Twin throttle bodies that look like carburetors" - that's cool as heck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 11:24 AM

It even has two riding modes, road and rain, with switchable traction control and ABS. doubt I'll ever use the rain mode for it's intended purpose. Riding in the rain just sin't fun and not worth the potential accident.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Rain riding is definitely a no-no for me. As soon as it looks damp outside, I'm hesitant. Seen too many wipeouts and what not.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 03:06 PM

Living in Scotland means rain is always a threat, it can be a stunning day one minute and pissing it down the next. Handy feature on such a torquey motor!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Living in Scotland means rain is always a threat, it can be a stunning day one minute and pissing it down the next. Handy feature on such a torquey motor!
Guess you'll have to install a luggage bag of some kind to keep a raincoat handy at all times. I'm guessing you can put the Bobber on rain mode and increase the traction for those random downpours.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 12:11 PM

that's why I like living in a building especially a big building that has a big parkade since during those bad days that you still want to ride even if its just part of your upkeeping of it, a parkade allows you to do that.

Good luck living in a house and doing that.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Lol pitch a nice big tent in your backyard and concrete the grass. You can drive up and down. Hopefully even in small circles
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 09:06 AM

Thankfully I'm water proof...as long as their isn't salt on the roads a little water isn't going to hurt the bike.
DJMC likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page