Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Floor/Foot Boards Install

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jerrman 
#1 ·
Installing foot boards....I know not everyone's cup of tea...But after riding (Mostly Vintage) HD's for years..Mid mounted pegs are hard on the hips..Early production bike so right frame rail and front cross member added for mounting

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Eric,

Most certainly my cup of tea. Looks great I'm sure you will love them. I have had mine installed almost from new and love them. I think they are one of the best upgrades thus fare.

My only complaint was I personally didn't like the chrome/alloy. So as part of a mini winter build I have pulled them off (gosh there's a lot of parts) and dropped them off to my powder coater.

Well done Eric, looking great and let us know how you get on with them.

Cheerio,

Roy

#4 ·
Until I bought the Triumph it had been years since I had ridden a bike with pegs...I have some issues with my left hip and it was very uncomfortable for me..The reason for selecting this model was to try and put a few more miles per year than what I had in the past with other bikes..Other was a 1950 HD FL that I didn't ride much due to being a hand shift/foot clutch which went back to the hip and leg problems....And a 2005 Fatboy with 6800 miles that is now more bike than I really care to ride..

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
Hi Eric,

That is one beautiful bike, lovely to see.

I have a similar issue in that due to a bike accident I snapped off my left ankle and it had to be crewed/pinned back on. This meant my ankle is a little stiff and lacks the mobility it used to have. All these years later it's pretty good but I'm more comfortable with footboards.

Cheerio,

Roy

#6 ·
How are the floorboards regarding deep lean angles that happen on very curvy roads, compared to foot pegs? Do they touch down on the pavement any more? Can they move? I do "spirited" riding in VA, WV, TN, NC, so don't want to further limit the lean angles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.