Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Davida Helmet - Help?

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Chico 
#1 ·
Hi Chaps,

Okay I'm after a gloss black Davida classic helmet in size small. To my frustration I have written multiple times over many weeks to 9MC who have replied once but seem completely incompetent and/or uninterested in taking my money.

Can I ask forum members it they know of a reputable US company that carries the David helmet line that may be able to assist me?

Or if you have such a helmet in cracking condition you no longer want then drop me a line.

Cheers,

Roy

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Roy, if you’re still looking at options and they include Davida, (of which I’m sure you’re aware of their quality rep, being a Brit), you should know that on their website, it says this about the classic “The Davida Classic Helmet does not conform to any current helmet safety”. So it’s not DOT approved. That’s probably why they refer to
it as a “novelty” helmet. Not sure if your interest is purely decorative or if you actually plan on riding it. And if you think the cops won’t notice, I know from personal experience that those kind of helmets are a red flag to the police. Was once riding with a bunch of guys on a Va. highway and the only one he pulled over was one guy with that kind of lid. It wasn’t DOT approved and needless to say he got a really expensive ticket. So, between the potential for getting ticketed and the lack of protection, maybe a 3/4 open face would be as good option. Those Hedons look awesome (if DOT) or Shoei or
Bell have some great open face retro lids. Then again, it’s your head. Just sayin’...

#8 ·
Hi Jerrman,

Thanks for that mate, fully aware of all that. As I rarely wear a helmet anyway I'm thinking this is a step up. And besides back in the day in the UK I'm not sure I ever wore a dot approved helmet in all the years I rode.

My favorite helmet back in the UK was a Davida which I wore for years on my V-Max, so looking to go that route again.

Cheerio,

Roy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.