Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Heat wraps

9K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Chico 
#1 ·
Hi guys just wondering how tricky it is to wrap the exhausts or is it simple?

#3 ·
I wrapped mine while they were on the bike and it really wasn't difficult at all. I too went with the 2 inch x 50 foot roll and it was enough to do both sides with a couple of feet left over. My one recommendation is simply 'You get what you pay for,' so buy the good stuff and you'll likely be happier with it. There are some kits out there for $15 that are dyed fiberglass, so you have to get it wet to install and they fade over time. I went with these and they don't need to be soaked in water before installing, there are no worries about fiberglass fibers in your fingers and they insulate the pipes really well. I can put my hand on the wrap after an all-day ride with no concern about getting burned.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R4U72I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

#10 ·
I wouldn't wrap dirt bike pipes with it, but for my Bobber I've never had an issue. I wash them just like any other part of my bike and they seem to rinse clean. Perhaps black might show more dirt, but the titanium color should hide a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.