Best. Decision. Ever. - Triumph Bobber Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Best. Decision. Ever.

Good day bobber lovers! Where to begin.... Well I've been riding for almost 9 years. First bike I purchased was a 2007 Triumph Daytona 675, red, with mods. I loved that bike sooooo much. I always called it my cheaper Ducati haha. Before I moved to San Diego I was living in Wisconsin for 3 years. As most of you know, Harley's are EVERYWHERE within Badgerland. So I needed a bike that was more comfortable to ride. In November I was looking for a Harley and I came across the Bobber Black. Holy **** I needed/wanted that bike!!! Here's what happened following: I rode 2017 Bobber in December, feel in love, down payment for the 2018 Bobber Black, January 9th Back in Black Tour in Anaheim, sold my 675 mid January, then played the waiting game.

1 month later, February 16th I picked my 2018 Bobber Black. It's been a month since the purchase and I absolutely love it. I've been smiling from ear to ear, every single day. Already had my 500 mile servicing done and I'm pushing close to 600 miles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180216_170010_1521084399224.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	18098  
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 12:29 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 12:39 AM
tug

Garage
Great looking bike and welcome

Common Sense is a flower
that does not grow in every ones garden.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Congrats and welcome to the forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tug View Post
Great looking bike and welcome
Thank you guys!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 02:06 AM

bienvenu & félicitations
EricBerry likes this.

765RS,Speed3R,ThruxtonR,T120,ThruxtonClassic,Thrux tonEFI,HDSlim,48,NightRoad,DynaGlide,Roadking,Héri tage,900CBR,1500F6C,1100ZRX,1200Bandit,1100Zéphir, 1000CBR,750SRAD,VMax,750&1000GSXR,750Stinger,FJ120 0,500XT,Ténéré,GS1000&750,GT750&380,RDX,K5..
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 02:55 AM

Garage
Welcome! I'm a Cheesehead, born and raised, living in the Twin Cities now. Great looking ride! Any mods/changes planned?
EricBerry likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator

Great post. Welcome to the forum and congrats
EricBerry likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

I was planning on getting an x-pipe(obviously for "racing only" haha), Gasser slip-ons, airbox delete replaced with cones, New Rage Cycle underseat signals and fork signals for now. Cali is **** expensive to live in so those parts will come within the next couple of months.

Speaking of Gasser Customs. I read a thread about the pipe welds and dents when customers receive the items so I'm a little reluctant to purchase them. A local '17 bobber owner has the x-pipe with Gassers and they sound really good so I'm a little torn.

I definitely don't want Zards due to the big ass label and sound. Vance & Hines sound a little weak for my taste. I saw some Voodoo pipes that look really good but haven't seen any reviews on them. I love the look of the black slip-ons(Turnout or Tapered). I don't understand why are they cheap. I hope someone can answer that for me!!

https://www.motosport.com/voodoo-ind...slipon-exhaust
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBerry View Post
I was planning on getting an x-pipe(obviously for "racing only" haha), Gasser slip-ons, airbox delete replaced with cones, New Rage Cycle underseat signals and fork signals for now. Cali is **** expensive to live in so those parts will come within the next couple of months.

Speaking of Gasser Customs. I read a thread about the pipe welds and dents when customers receive the items so I'm a little reluctant to purchase them. A local '17 bobber owner has the x-pipe with Gassers and they sound really good so I'm a little torn.

I definitely don't want Zards due to the big ass label and sound. Vance & Hines sound a little weak for my taste. I saw some Voodoo pipes that look really good but haven't seen any reviews on them. I love the look of the black slip-ons(Turnout or Tapered). I don't understand why are they cheap. I hope someone can answer that for me!!

https://www.motosport.com/voodoo-ind...slipon-exhaust
Just looking at the pics of the Voodoo pipes, you will need to either have made or purchase the 90 elbows that turns into the cat/Xpipe.

The dent was mine on the Gassers, of which Gasser is replacing. The welds are what they are in terms of appearance, have to decide if you can live with them or not. I don't doubt that they are solid welds, just not as "fit and finished" as some would prefer. Also, if you got black ones, I would imagine that you wouldn't be able to see anything that I or CaptainFrench were referencing.
EricBerry likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 06:31 PM

glad i'm not the only one who has an issue with the zard pipes having their big oval emblems permanently attached to the sides. it takes away from the beauty of the bobber. for my tastes i don't like having unnecessary logos, etc. plastered everywhere. i would really hope that they may consider offering their pipes with a "non-logo" option.
ysoslo and EricBerry like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page