Good Afternoon - Triumph Bobber Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Good Afternoon

Hello, quick intro, 46 year old Brit who used to ride super sports bikes, it was always about the speed.

Anyways, had an off many years ago and went from riding every single day in all weathers to not riding since, approx 15 years ago. Like a fine wine I had mellowed with age and the bikes that appeal to me now, would never have interested me when I first started riding. To cut a long story short the Triumph Street Scrambler brought me to the Triumph website. Then it was like love at first sight, I stumbled upon the Bonneville Bobber. I haven't felt like this about bikes since I bought my first Fireblade. So currently the UK has a bit of a snow problem at the moment and my local dealership will notify me when I can go out on a test ride once roads are all good. To be honest I am seriously thinking about just ordering the bike without riding, I'm that desperate to get hold of.

Soo many questions I could ask, but just the one, is the Bobber as good as it looks?
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 10:21 AM

Garage
Soo many questions I could ask, but just the one, is the Bobber as good as it looks?

I’d say YES! I was a inline 4 rider for years, but switched to a BMW boxer about 10 years ago. Love the ride and torque of the Beemer, but LOVE the looks and parallel twin torque of my Bobber more. BUY IT!

Riding Free
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLoveRocket71 View Post

Looks better in person than in pictures! And it handles way better than you would think it should!

I ordered mine without ever seeing one in person. The 1st one I saw, was mine, when I went to pick it up in Feb 2017.
Ancient Hippy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 10:49 AM

The Bobber is a great motorcycle. As you have seen on the forum it is full of customising possibilities. Very easy to handle in town. It is not a good bike to cruise 120 mph at least for me, i also ride a FJR1300 for touring and sportier riding.
Do not hesitate if the bobber is the type of bike you are looking for. I am still in love after 2200 km.

French translation.

Le Bobber est une excellente moto. Comme tu la vue sur le forum elle est pleine de possibilité de modification. Elle est tres facile a maneuvrer en ville. Ce n'est pas une bonne moto pour rouler a 200 km/h. Je roule aussi une FJR1300 pour
les voyages et la conduite sportive. N'ésite pas si le bobber est le type de moto que tu cherches. Je suis encore en amour
aprčs 2200 km.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 10:50 AM

Blimey yes! This bike is probably the best I have ridden in many a year, you won't be disappointed. There are many ways to make one "yours" and plenty of friendly advice from the good folk on this forum.
Welcome, in advance!
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

It most certainly is!

I bought one without riding it - after i felt comfortable with the seating position. It was a very good choice
I really enjoy the low down torque and ease of use/handling. Of course it looks amazing/unique and turn alot of heads.
The brakes and OEM suspension are a matter of opinion, but alot of us have changes the rear monoshock and upgraded the brakes (after coming from more powerful bikes). Saying that, there is nothing wrong with the way it comes stock.
As mentioned above, styling and customization possibilities are almost limitless.

After reading your post, i think you will really enjoy the Bobber and if you are looking to change your riding style (which i understand you are) - this is the way to go.

Are you thinking of the original Bobber, or going Black?

Last edited by eisen77; 03-01-2018 at 12:06 PM.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLoveRocket71 View Post
To be honest I am seriously thinking about just ordering the bike without riding, I'm that desperate to get hold of.
I had an older CBR900, but I am of an age where I am no longer bothered about sports bikes. I saw the Bobber and decided more or less straight away I would get one. Sold the Fireblade and as soon as I could get to the dealer put a deposit down. I didn't even test ride one. Demand outstripped supply so it was a fair wait, but I took delivery last June and I love it. It has plenty of poke, a seat where my stumpy legs can get my feet flat on the deck, and it handles better than you expect. I have done a fair bit of footage scraping on roundabouts. They are excellent bikes you wont be disappointed.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 01:29 PM

We need a LordLoveRocket on this forum so please go ahead and order the Bobber. We love ours ;D
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezqui View Post
We need a LordLoveRocket on this forum so please go ahead and order the Bobber. We love ours ;D
Hahaha!!

Why do I get the feeling you’ll pinch his handle if he decides not to buy
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post

After reading your post, i think you will really enjoy the Bobber and if you are looking to change your riding style (which i understand you are) - this is the way to go.

Are you thinking of the original Bobber, or going Black?
To quote AC/DC "Back in black"

The twin discs, and those fat tyres what does it for me, in particular the Matt paint job. That said, had I never seen the black the cherry red or the green with silver stripe look gorgeous.
Mike J Commo likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page