• 4 Post By Greybeard
  • 1 Post By Louie
  • 2 Post By PFEN

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Short intro

Hi to all Bobbers,

My name is Nico Riegman. living in the Netherlands. Driving motor cycles for about 40 years now. Experienced driver but not a typical corner hero. Enjoy maintenance/tuning myself, though absolutely no expert in that field. Learned it by try and error.

I'm still awaiting my Bobber Black edition. Changed my current Triumph Thruxton 1200 for it. The Thruxton is a lovely bike, but not very comfortable for me on longer trips, and as most of my trips are at least 1.5 - 2 hrs (traveling for my work) I decided to get a Bobber Black Edition instead. Will change it into a touring, more or less based on the HD WLA type. That means a full blown windscreen with black bottom part, floorboards, big side bags/cases and a touring handle bar and of course a bigger petrol tank. Will be a T120 tank as described by tri-rocket on this forum. Verex black headers and some aftermarket mufflers for better sound and better breathing and (of course) a powercommander V probably with an autotune (not sure yet about the latter). Last but not least it will be converted to belt drive (had some Harleys before and love a belt. Do not like fiddling with a chain; I'm quite lazy)

Nico
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Nico.
Nice changes you have listed. The belt drive is fantastic - especially for lazies like us
Looking forward to seeing pics!

Last edited by eisen77; 03-01-2018 at 07:00 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 06:49 AM

Garage
Welcome Nico,

The Bobber Black is an awesome bike and looks the mutts nuts but for what you’re planning wouldn’t a Speedmaster be a better fit?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	16962  
eisen77 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber-Bomb View Post
Welcome Nico,

The Bobber Black is an awesome bike and looks the mutts nuts but for what you’re planning wouldn’t a Speedmaster be a better fit?
Funny this topic is being brought up for the second time today; turning the Bobber into a more long distance bike.
Though Nico will probably ride the bike on more favorable road conditions and as a commuter bike, while Sameer would do more long distance touring on worse infrastructures. So he needs much more carrying capacity and gear for adverse weather, etc.

For me, 1.5 or 2+ hour trips are certainly do-able with the Bobber. But only in nice weather.
If it was for year round commutes (especially in the cold/wet), I would indeed look at the Speedmaster as a viable option as it shares so much of the Bobber genes.

Last edited by eisen77; 03-01-2018 at 07:15 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
You both are completely right! The speedmaster would be the wiser choice or any other touring motor in that respect.

However... I'm not wise I'm afraid. I just like the bobber much more than the speedmaster (have seen both of them next to each other). Of course it is 'crazy' to make a touring machine out of a Bobber, but then again... you have one of a kind and with not too much adaptations I believe the Bobber can be a km-eater, though not the ultimate comfortable one, but surely the most beautiful one (IMHO).
eisen77, ysoslo and Psychopasta like this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

I saw the Bobber black for the first time last week. It does indeed look amazing and though I have not seen a Speedmaster yet - I’m sure you made the correct decision for yourself.
Again, congrats & Pics when you can...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 02:13 PM

****, what's the matter with you ladies, I'm planning a 600mile round trip with the B in the spring - Yeah! From a slightly inebriated Greybeard
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 12:57 AM

Location: I currently live in Chiang Mai Thailand, from Southern California, Costa Mesa
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
****, what's the matter with you ladies, I'm planning a 600mile round trip with the B in the spring - Yeah! From a slightly inebriated Greybeard
I'm with you Greybeard, I'm planing a long trip from Chiang Mai to Phuket 1215km (750 miles) going to try to make it there in one day then spend a couple days in phuket
ysoslo likes this.

AKA Slomo Schmecklebaum
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 02:05 AM

there are better motorcycles to travel.
but I can assure you that when you want to move,no matter the bike. we can do it
with a backpack. a small bag.everything is possible.
if not, buy a camping car and put the bike on the trailer

quelques exemples:
avec mon HD 48, mon Vroad et mon Slim

MikeB and Greybeard like this.

765RS,Speed3R,ThruxtonR,T120,ThruxtonClassic,Thrux tonEFI,HDSlim,48,NightRoad,DynaGlide,Roadking,Héri tage,900CBR,1500F6C,1100ZRX,1200Bandit,1100Zéphir, 1000CBR,750SRAD,VMax,750&1000GSXR,750Stinger,FJ120 0,500XT,Ténéré,GS1000&750,GT750&380,RDX,K5..

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page