Hey all - from Albany, NY - New Bobber "Black" Soon... - Triumph Bobber Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Hey all - from Albany, NY - New Bobber "Black" Soon...

Hey everyone. Brand new to the forum and to Triumph's as a whole! I've had some Buell's and a Buell "Mutant" chopper several years ago, as well as a few sport bikes, and most recently a built Honda Grom. I've always been into the bobber styling of bikes, but I like getting everything new - so the new Triumph Bobber really peaked my interest!

Fast forward a few months - the Bobber Black got debuted! I'm one for having all black everything, so this was perfect for me. I drove to the dealer about 2 hours from me, and put a deposit down on a pre-order for the gloss black one. I got my email last Tuesday that it's arrived in the states, and should be ready for pickup soon.

This is good and bad. I'm extremely excited to get it, but the bad thing is that it's freezing and winter here in Upstate NY, so it's going to be painful to wait out the next 2 months until it's warm enough out to enjoy driving it. I plan on doing a bunch of cosmetic upgrades too it such as lighting, mirrors (or lack there of), short rear fender, side plate, debadging everything, suspension, and basically cleaning all of the nonsense up like reflectors and such. I plan on doing the belt drive conversion eventually, maybe next year.

My Grom topped out at 63mph, so I'm glad to get a bike I can actually take on the highways again, lol! I'll post some pics up when I get it, and probably start a "build thread" too.

Any other riders around the Albany, NY area? Also - any good shops around here to take it to for various part installs that are a bit over my head? Thanks everyone!
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 09:44 PM

Welcome aboard. Spring is coming, eventually...
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 11:31 PM

Garage
and welcome to the forum!
Hopefully the weather will let you get out and enjoy her soon.

~ "Orange is the happiest color" ~
My Photography Website: www.photobytrace.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 12:34 AM

Welcome to the forum!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 01:28 AM

Bienvenu

maybe the Bobber will be park in front the Olde english Pub for a beer

765RS,Speed3R,ThruxtonR,T120,ThruxtonClassic,Thrux tonEFI,HDSlim,48,NightRoad,DynaGlide,Roadking,Héri tage,900CBR,1500F6C,1100ZRX,1200Bandit,1100Zéphir, 1000CBR,750SRAD,VMax,750&1000GSXR,750Stinger,FJ120 0,500XT,Ténéré,GS1000&750,GT750&380,RDX,K5..
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. I like your list of mods !
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBomb518 View Post
Hey everyone. Brand new to the forum and to Triumph's as a whole! I've had some Buell's and a Buell "Mutant" chopper several years ago, as well as a few sport bikes, and most recently a built Honda Grom. I've always been into the bobber styling of bikes, but I like getting everything new - so the new Triumph Bobber really peaked my interest!

Fast forward a few months - the Bobber Black got debuted! I'm one for having all black everything, so this was perfect for me. I drove to the dealer about 2 hours from me, and put a deposit down on a pre-order for the gloss black one. I got my email last Tuesday that it's arrived in the states, and should be ready for pickup soon.

This is good and bad. I'm extremely excited to get it, but the bad thing is that it's freezing and winter here in Upstate NY, so it's going to be painful to wait out the next 2 months until it's warm enough out to enjoy driving it. I plan on doing a bunch of cosmetic upgrades too it such as lighting, mirrors (or lack there of), short rear fender, side plate, debadging everything, suspension, and basically cleaning all of the nonsense up like reflectors and such. I plan on doing the belt drive conversion eventually, maybe next year.

My Grom topped out at 63mph, so I'm glad to get a bike I can actually take on the highways again, lol! I'll post some pics up when I get it, and probably start a "build thread" too.

Any other riders around the Albany, NY area? Also - any good shops around here to take it to for various part installs that are a bit over my head? Thanks everyone!
Welcome Adam, you will enjoy your new bobber. We are located about 90 mins from Albany and offer a full line of parts for your bike and can help out with any installs if you get in a bind too, although your local dealer should be able to also.
Ajcyclesny.com
eisen77 likes this.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 10:45 AM

Welcome from Wales.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 03:30 AM

Welcome from Japan. I’m sure you’ll love your Bobber. I’ve had mine for 7 months and love jumping on it whenever I can. It gets pretty cold here as well. I highly recommend the heated grips.
Louie likes this.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome from Northern Va. I am 3 days away from having the bike for a year. Woot!

Stinks that its to cold, but sounds like with your list of mods you will still be able to spend some time with it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page