All right, you bastards - I'M IN! - Triumph Bobber Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
GPz

All right, you bastards - I'M IN!

Hi all.

I got a little old and basically retired from riding motorcycles after enjoying it for decades. But then one day about six months ago a shockingly gorgeous Bobber Black rolled by me at a gas station and I got the fever again. I ignored it and took some of my wife's antibiotics but it just wouldn't go away. So I've been lurking on here since then and letting you zealots get me all lathered-up about actually buying a BB.

Recently the snow started flying, the 2019 models started appearing at dealers and I landed a price on a 2018 leftover that no self-respecting motorcyclist with taste and a job could possibly resist. So I pulled the Triumph trigger -- a new Bobber Black for a Christmas present to myself! Yum!

Since I've owned it for the better part of five minutes and I've sat on it twice, I figure it's finally time to start modifying the ol' girl. A new Corbin saddle is on the way, and many other options are under serious consideration.

Anyway, I'll probably be on here annoying you fine folks from time to time with silly questions and occasional mindless ramblings. Hope you don't mind.

-GPz/Gary
eisen77, Bobber-Bomb, Dyna and 8 others like this.

Last edited by GPz; 12-07-2018 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Typo fix
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 12:35 AM
Roy

Garage
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum mate and wonderful news about your Bobber.

I know the feeling well, earlier this year I happened to see a BB on the Triumph website and within a dar or so had sold something precious and within a week ordered one - never looking back..

Photo is the day I picked 'Charlotte' up and been modifying her ever since.

Cheerio,

Roy

GPZ, now those letters brings back some memories of the 80's..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 9.34.44 PM.png
Views:	81
Size:	627.1 KB
ID:	29649  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
GPz

Thanks Roy. I've read lots of your posts and saw your cools mod's. I can barely wait till spring.

GPz/Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 01:59 AM

Garage
Congratulations on your purchase! Looking forward to seeing all of your changes.

Each one matters.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
Great intro and you’ll feel right at home here rambling about Bobbers, bikes, beer, life and just about any other topic you care to bring up
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 04:34 AM

Garage
Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy your new bike. I have a BB also and am still smiling everyday.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 07:30 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum, as you can see, bikes are a habit that once smitten can never be forgotten

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 07:31 AM

Welcome and lets us know where you are in your profile maybe.

I'll post a copy of my birth certificate later
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 08:14 AM

Garage
Great story.
Congrats on the bike!

‘18 Bobber matt Black
‘12 Kawasaki Z1000
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 08:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPz View Post
Hi all.

I got a little old and basically retired from riding motorcycles after enjoying it for decades. But then one day about six months ago a shockingly gorgeous Bobber Black rolled by me at a gas station and I got the fever again. I ignored it and took some of my wife's antibiotics but it just wouldn't go away. So I've been lurking on here since then and letting you zealots get me all lathered-up about actually buying a BB.

Recently the snow started flying, the 2019 models started appearing at dealers and I landed a price on a 2018 leftover that no self-respecting motorcyclist with taste and a job could possibly resist. So I pulled the Triumph trigger -- a new Bobber Black for a Christmas present to myself! Yum!

Since I've owned it for the better part of five minutes and I've sat on it twice, I figure it's finally time to start modifying the ol' girl. A new Corbin saddle is on the way, and many other options are under serious consideration.

Anyway, I'll probably be on here annoying you fine folks from time to time with silly questions and occasional mindless ramblings. Hope you don't mind.

-GPz/Gary

Welcome!!! There's no such thing as an ex-motorcyclist, just a motorcyclist that doesn't have a bike at the moment!
Forjox likes this.

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page