Savannah, GA Sound-off - Triumph Bobber Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Savannah, GA Sound-off

New to this forum, so howdy. From Pooler, basically a suburb of Savannah. Purchased a new 2018 Bobber Black about two weeks ago (after owning a KTM Duke 690 for all of 6 days, blah).

Anyways, my girl and I ride around the area, she rides her Honda Grom Always looking for more friends to ride with if anyone is close by.

Since purchasing the bobber, I've been pouring money into parts even though when I bought it I thought to myself, "nah, this is perfect in stock form, just the way it is". That line of thought worked out about as well as every other motorized contraption I've ever purchased. So it begins...

I'll post up pics when I get home, but so far here's where my "build" is at:

Called Corbin and requested the exact seat they used for their website stock photography, the guy amusingly said he was currently holding that seat in his hands. Received it after three days and installed it. Looks and feels great! Then I ordered the Triumph waxed cotton swing arm bag in black. Installing that this weekend.

On order:

MTE120 X-Pipe
Black V&H exhaust
License plate relocate (vertical, left side)
LED tail light (will be custom mounted in plate bracket)
LED license plate lights

Need to figure out what to do about fenders. I want to clean up the rear fender especially but don't want to lose my swing arm bag. So, hopefully I can contribute to the forum as I work and post photos.

(Oh, here is a photo from my phone of the seat)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1877.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	27277  
Roy likes this.

Current Inventory: 2018 Triumph Bobber Black, 2017 Honda Grom, 2002 GSXR-750 Track Bike (not street legal).

Past Inventory:
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R, farkled out.
2017 Ducati 1299 Panigale S, farkled out (RIP...lady pulled out in front of me, totaled).
2014 BMW F800 ST, of course farkled out.
2004 Honda R6, stock!.
2016 Honda Grom, bar end mirrors, handle bars, flush mounted signals.
2017 BMW R-nine T, stock!
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 03:20 PM

I'm with you... got plans to swap rear fender for a hand spun "Mohawk" from "lead sled" customs along with a intergrated struts..
Paint, I've decided to leave the black (for now), but incorporate the factory sceme layout and do the secondary color as metalic jet black... and a silver pinstripe breaking them up that will closely match the "triumph" lettering ...
Get it ready for the DGR Sept 30th!!

Last edited by Rob Axel; 08-30-2018 at 03:25 PM.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
Trying to resist the urge to mod is totally futile. I also thought the bike looked great on the showroom floor. But the modding started before it was even delivered

Enjoy your Bobber...and mods!
Louie and Rob Axel like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 04:29 PM

Garage
Welcome and congrats on your Bobber. I also thought the stock version was perfect but, the more mods I saw on this forum, the more interest I had to change things up a bit. Choice was to pull back on my reading or pull the trigger on some mods. Trigger was pulled. 😀😀
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 07:01 PM

Nice Seat. Welcome , from the north west parts of Georgia.

So far behind , I think I'm in first place.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Installed the swing bag! I like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2FACA561-DAC7-4790-BF56-B403EB27A573_1535683017848.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	27281  
Roy likes this.

Current Inventory: 2018 Triumph Bobber Black, 2017 Honda Grom, 2002 GSXR-750 Track Bike (not street legal).

Past Inventory:
2017 Ducati 1299 Panigale S, farkled out (RIP...lady pulled out in front of me, totaled).
2004 Honda R6, stock!.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 12:58 AM

Garage
Welcome to the site! Great looking bike, especially with that particular seat on it. I've been resisting the urge to go with the Corbin, but seeing it on several bikes and hearing how much people like it is weakening my resolve. Has your wife ridden your Bobber yet? Groms might be fun to take to the grocery store, but the real fun is the twisties with lots of available throttle.

Each one matters.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysoslo View Post
Welcome to the site! Great looking bike, especially with that particular seat on it. I've been resisting the urge to go with the Corbin, but seeing it on several bikes and hearing how much people like it is weakening my resolve. Has your wife ridden your Bobber yet? Groms might be fun to take to the grocery store, but the real fun is the twisties with lots of available throttle.
Wanted to update you on the Corbin... first, it is amazing. The stock seat is comfy, and just fine for quick runs downtown or 40 miles of backroad fun. The difference kicks in after 100+ miles. The Corbin really has all day comfort, and that is no exaggeration. Last week I did about 200 miles in a big low-country loop, and I didn't even have mild tingling or discomfort, and the seat isn't even broken in yet.

Something about real leather and thick, old-fashioned closed-cell foam just makes the difference.
eisen77 and ysoslo like this.

Past Inventory:
2004 Honda R6, stock!.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 04:01 PM
Roy

Garage
A belated 'welcome' to the forum.

Well done on the bike. And I'm with you on your comment about sinking money into extras. Someone stop me...

Cheerio,

Roy
rathead likes this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
A belated 'welcome' to the forum.

Well done on the bike. And I'm with you on your comment about sinking money into extras. Someone stop me...

Cheerio,

Roy
Thanks Roy! I must confess however, I've reconsidered my prior opinion regarding sinking money into mods and I have since withdrawn and discard my prior rationale.

Gentlemen, we are bobber owners. There is nothing practical about these machines. The fuel tank is laughable in its range, the ride quality with OEM shocks necessitates dental insurance, they are expensive relative to other motorcycles of equivalent or even superior performance. Purchasing one requires the abandonment of conventional, established societal logical norms.

They are beautiful, artful, and emotional. That fat rear tire, those obscenely designed carburetor-looking throttle bodies, the whine of the engine's harmonious centrifugal forces, spinning with fluid smoothness under that precision engineered parallel twin as underpowered as it might be.

I implore everyone on this forum to embrace that which you fight to resist. Resisting an urge and faltering however so minor paves the way for guilt, for cognitive dissonance. Gentlemen, by what right should guilt be allowed to manifest itself in regards to an irrational impulse? That in itself is irrational, and ought to be categorically prohibited.

Max out your credit card, dig into your savings accounts, sell that junk in your garage if you must, but do what you have to do in order to bring to life the bobber you dream of, the bobber you ought to have. You owe it to yourself, and the only appropriate feeling with each step you take should be that of satisfaction, gratification, and accomplishment.

On another note, I'm looking for a vendor who can supply me 24 square yards of gold leaf for a reasonable price and a Chinese person with experience. Immigration status isn't a concern, but prior gold leaf experience is required. Food and lodging will be provided and I'll return him/her once my project is completed.

Past Inventory:
2004 Honda R6, stock!.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page