New Bobber ! - Triumph Bobber Forum
 9Likes
  • 3 Post By MACAN
  • 3 Post By Guzzilazz
  • 2 Post By gfspencer
  • 1 Post By Guzzilazz
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA
Posts: 2
New Bobber !

Hello, new to the motorcycle world. got Bobber Black last weekend it is a great bike. Nice to you you all
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9696.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	26867  
Irisheye, gfspencer and nevk like this.
MACAN is offline  
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 06:16 PM
Roy
Senior Member
 
Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Prescott Arizona
Posts: 2,137
Garage
Hi Macan,

Welcome and congrats.

Cheerio,

Roy
Roy is online now  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 07:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,006
Garage
great looking bike. congrats. post some pix if/when you do any mods.
jerrman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 09:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Big Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: West of Atlanta , Ga.
Posts: 503
Welcome to the forum. And welcome to motorcycling. A great way to get around.

So far behind , I think I'm in first place.
Big Bear is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 11:52 PM
Senior Member
 
ysoslo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,324
Garage
Welcome to the site and congratulations on your new purchase! My Bobber was my first big bike too, and SO much fun. I'm envious of your year-round riding ability (Minnesota guy here). Any mods planned yet?

Each one matters.
ysoslo is online now  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 05:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Guzzilazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Essex UK
Posts: 628
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysoslo View Post
Welcome to the site and congratulations on your new purchase! My Bobber was my first big bike too, and SO much fun. I'm envious of your year-round riding ability (Minnesota guy here). Any mods planned yet?
Interesting comment about "big bike"... When I started in the 70's a Commando was gigantic... Nowadays they look tiny! "Big bikes" were things like 350's upwards... How times change
ysoslo, Psychopasta and gfspencer like this.

Larry


Essex UK


2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
Guzzilazz is online now  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 09:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: North Carolina/California
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzilazz View Post
Interesting comment about "big bike"... When I started in the 70's a Commando was gigantic... Nowadays they look tiny! "Big bikes" were things like 350's upwards... How times change
Isn't that the truth. You started me thinking. When I started riding 40 years ago engine size determined what was a "big bike". Today, even though our bikes have 1200cc engines, I don't see our Bobbers as a "big bike". I guess now I see the frame and how high I don't have to climb to get on board. Engine size is unimportant to me.

Looking back, I never went over 1200cc's. I had a chance with a BMW 1600 but I never took the leap.

Finally, a BIG bike to me was a BMW R1200 Adventure. I never could get comfortable on that bike . . . but I looked at an Indian® Roadmaster® Elite the other day. That thing is bigger than my car.
Psychopasta and Guzzilazz like this.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
gfspencer is online now  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 10:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Guzzilazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Essex UK
Posts: 628
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
Isn't that the truth. You started me thinking. When I started riding 40 years ago engine size determined what was a "big bike". Today, even though our bikes have 1200cc engines, I don't see our Bobbers as a "big bike". I guess now I see the frame and how high I don't have to climb to get on board. Engine size is unimportant to me.

Looking back, I never went over 1200cc's. I had a chance with a BMW 1600 but I never took the leap.

Finally, a BIG bike to me was a BMW R1200 Adventure. I never could get comfortable on that bike . . . but I looked at an Indian® Roadmaster® Elite the other day. That thing is bigger than my car.
What about a Gold Wing! You look these days at the last Meriden Bonnies, and they are tiny. I joked about having a Honda CD 175, which I rode about 100 miles home from Oxford when I bought it in 2000... I had to stop every 30 miles to extract thee seat from my a**!
gfspencer likes this.

Larry


Essex UK


2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
Guzzilazz is online now  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
 
eisen77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Palma de Mallorca
Posts: 3,316
Welcome to the forum.
Enjoy your BB
eisen77 is online now  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 11:54 AM
Senior Member
 
SXTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: West London, UK
Posts: 193
Watcha!
SXTony is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bobber Black - so so brakes bigbird Suspension And Brakes 17 04-25-2019 09:39 AM
Warning: Motodemic LED Headlamp is NOT Plug and Play with the Bobber Black MikeB Triumph Bobber Forum General Discussion 9 05-14-2018 10:30 AM
My Bobber Review Suzanne 2017+ Triumph Bonneville Bobber Reviews 2 01-20-2018 01:32 PM
What to like about the Triumph Bobber? Administrator Bonneville Bobber News 1 05-19-2017 11:06 AM
5 Things Journalists Raved About on The 2017+ Triumph Bobber Administrator Bonneville Bobber News 1 12-17-2016 10:21 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome