Introductions - Triumph Bobber Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

Cool Introductions

Hello fellows. I stopped by to introduce myself. My name is Tom and I am currently just lusting the Triumph Bobber. Heck I am in love with it. Procrastinating and waiting to see what comes of it for the first few years. Really have enjoyed your comments and input.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 06:07 AM

Welcome!

Just go, get a Bobber and enjoy it!
I had a similar thought - should I wait and see what comes out next year? Or get one later once my son is older and doesn't ride as passenger anymore?

In the end I made an ad-hoc decision to go for the Bobber, since I won't get any younger and rather enjoy things while I can. It's not been a very rational decision, but then riding a motorbike isn't ;-)
However I don't regret that decision at all and the Bobber gives me so much pleasure - even just looking at it when not riding it - that I would absolutely do it again. There are more practical bikes, sure - but not many that are as much fun :-)

Tom
Roy likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintersson View Post
Hello fellows. I stopped by to introduce myself. My name is Tom and I am currently just lusting the Triumph Bobber. Heck I am in love with it. Procrastinating and waiting to see what comes of it for the first few years. Really have enjoyed your comments and input.
Welcome! Go for it! I'd say over the last year and a half the bike has been out, there have been minimal problems, and you can even find them popping up used now.

Cheers!!!
Roy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

I guarantee you that Triumph will continue to improve the Bobber. What will you do then? Wait for it to settle down too?

There's no time like the present paintersson!

Oh...and welcome to the forum!

- Pasta
Roy likes this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 12:39 PM
Roy

Garage
Quote:
Hi,

A heartfelt 'welcome' to the forum. After riding for around 37 years and owning more bikes than I can remember (Harley, Triumph, Jap etc) I can say with honesty that after a week of owning/riding my new Bobber Black I can remember ever enjoying a bike so much - love this bike..

Cheerio,

Roy
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 01:08 PM

Garage
I love riding it, looking at it and accessorizing it. All I can say is go for it! And of course, welcome to the forum which you’ll enjoy even more if you own one 👍
Roy likes this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
I´m with the others; just go and get one.

Triumph will constantly improve/update and evolve the Bobber line, so essentially finding the ¨right time¨would be comparable to catching the treasure at the end of the rainbow.
Changes will inevitably entice both new buyers and Bobber owners alike, but that won´t stop any of the models from becoming modern & desirable classics.
Roy likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Do eet!
ysoslo likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 04:25 PM

Garage
What's worse, when you finally decide to buy will be when Triumph have dropped the Bobber....

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 05:01 PM
Roy

Garage
Quote:
Hello again Tom,

I wouldn't hesitate, I know I didn't..

24th May - I saw a Bobber (on the Triumph website) for the very first time.
25th May - decided to sell a rare antique knife to fund an outright purchase, so offered it to my clients.
26th May - It sold.
31st May - I had the funds.
1st June - Went to my local dealership and actually saw a Bobber in the flesh for the first time and through down a cash deposit.
18th June - Paid the balance in cash and took delivery and rode home (pic attached).

Regrets? NONE...love, love, love this bike.

Cheerio,

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 1.57.47 PM.png
Views:	33
Size:	398.1 KB
ID:	25797  
eisen77, Psychopasta and Greybeard like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page