Englishman in New Mexico - Triumph Bobber Forum
 45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Englishman in New Mexico

Greetings Gents,

I thought I would join up and introduce myself. I'm English (a Shropshire lad) now living in New Mexico. Mid 50's and have been riding bikes all my adult life. I come from a biking family but sadly I'm the last of three brothers, my two older brothers having each been killed on their bikes. So when I sold my last bike (a V-Max) to fund my move to the US a little over a decade ago I really didn't know if I would ever get another bike.

A little over a week ago I happened to visit the Triumph website and for the first time clapped eyes on a Bonneville Bobber, it was like someone had read my mind and designed my perfect bike. I franticly looked around for something special to sell in the vain hopes I could raise enough funds for a cash purchase. Yesterday just six days after seeing the Bobber for the first I drove the couple of hours south to Albuquerque threw down a wod of cash and ordered my new Bobber Black...

Much to my delight, my (American) wife thinks it is a wonderful idea (despite the single seat) and is fully supportive. A big deal as we are not a wealthy couple but she is one in a million. Just waiting for it to be built to my spec and I'm good to go, so will follow up with some pics down the road.

Cheerio and ride safe,

Roy
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new bike.
Louie and Roy like this.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 10:50 AM

Garage
A great introduction Roy... very sad to hear about your brothers of course but nice to see how the Bobber has inspired you to ride again.

I’m looking forward to further updates
eisen77, ysoslo and Roy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 11:51 AM

Garage
Hello Roy,

Welcome to the forum. You will find this group is a collection of some wonderful and supportive people. I am sorry to hear about the lost of your brothers. Although, I am willing to wager that your brothers would probably never want you to stop riding motorcycles. And I am almost certain they would be enthusiastic about your Triumph Bobber purchase. Good luck and enjoy the delivery day and ride home. Many will tell you this bike is by far their favorite ride!

Mark
eisen77, Mike J Commo and Roy like this.

Tackle and solve the really tough items immediately, the impossible, give that an extra day!
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Hi Gents,

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful welcome.

During the last decade of being here in the US, I have occasionally ridden on friends bikes and also got to fulfill a dream and rode my friends Harley coast to coast, so bikes have never been far from my mind. As soon as I saw the Bobber I knew I had to make something happen. I once owned a 79 Bonnie but these new ones are just on a different level all together.

Some of the mountain roads here are perfect for bikes and of course the weather is a dream. After a lifetime of all year round riding in the Shropshire I've paid my dues riding in the wet, damp, ice and snow, so the thought of dry road and all year sun is almost unbelievable.

I've chosen a few upgrades to the bike, so it will be pretty spot on when it's done, so will be keen to share images of the bike and perhaps the occasional adventure here in northern New Mexico.

Cheerio,

Roy
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 12:58 PM

Garage
All year round sun... maybe that’ll be my next mod!
Rich1962, Big Bear and Roy like this.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 03:19 PM

bienvenu
Roy likes this.

765RS,Speed3R,ThruxtonR,T120,ThruxtonClassic,Thrux tonEFI,HDSlim,48,NightRoad,DynaGlide,Roadking,Héri tage,900CBR,1500F6C,1100ZRX,1200Bandit,1100Zéphir, 1000CBR,750SRAD,VMax,750&1000GSXR,750Stinger,FJ120 0,500XT,Ténéré,GS1000&750,GT750&380,RDX,K5..
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 04:55 PM

Garage
Hello over the water expat enjoy the bike
Rich1962 and Roy like this.

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome! NM is a beautiful state, and England is a beautiful country (having grown up in Banbury).

Be sure to map out the petrol stations out there, could get caught up easily without a pump.
Roy likes this.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 06:25 PM

Hurrah and huzzah!
Rich1962 and Roy like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page