New Owner Scotland - Triumph Bobber Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

New Owner Scotland

Hi All I am awaiting delivery of my new Triumph Bobber Black in gloss paint It comes with decat and Vance and Hynes fitted and heated grips and upgraded brown quilted seat. I will make use of the heated grips as I am in Scotland but I scored the exhaust and seat upgrade for free from dealer in Nottingham.

I also have a 2017 BMW R1200 GS Adventure for longer trips that I bought last year to be honest its the ugliest bike I have ever owned but does 350 miles on a full tank of fuel and its like sitting on your couch and surprisingly nimble.

I sold a 2018 Yamaha MT10SP to buy the Bobber as MT was going to get me into trouble or kill me lol. I get the Bobber on 7th June so look forward to posting my thoughts once I have ridden it a while.
Leon and gfspencer like this.
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 06:19 AM

Welcome to our friendly and informative forum.

Good deal on the exhaust and seat.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 09:07 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Folks who have never ridden an R 1200GS have no idea how nimble they are. I had two in a row before they just got too big for me.

What part of Scotland are you in? I've been there twice in the last three years. My son took me for Scotch tours. What a beautiful part of the world! You have my two favorite things: (1) Great motorcycle roads and (2) Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Two things that are not to be enjoyed at the same time.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Folks who have never ridden an R 1200GS have no idea how nimble they are. I had two in a row before they just got too big for me.

What part of Scotland are you in? I've been there twice in the last three years. My son took me for Scotch tours. What a beautiful part of the world! You have my two favorite things: (1) Great motorcycle roads and (2) Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Two things that are not to be enjoyed at the same time.
I live in a place called Sauchie about 10min from Stirling which is know as gateway to the highlands, 40 min from east coast and an hour from west coast and can be sitting in Glencoe Just over an hour from my house, only problem we have is not so good weather Although we have had weather the last week hotter than parts of Spain. The scenery and the people here make it a great place to live and we do have some of the best biking roads I've ever been on.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 10:14 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 12:21 PM

Welcome to the forum pal. I'm just east of you in Dalgety Bay.

Great weather we've been having eh? (until the haar comes in from the Forth that is).
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STMBOBBER View Post
I live in a place called Sauchie about 10min from Stirling which is know as gateway to the highlands, 40 min from east coast and an hour from west coast and can be sitting in Glencoe Just over an hour from my house, only problem we have is not so good weather Although we have had weather the last week hotter than parts of Spain. The scenery and the people here make it a great place to live and we do have some of the best biking roads I've ever been on.
I was at Doune Castle and Stirling Castle about this time last year. What a beautiful part of the country!

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 12:43 AM

Garage
Welcome to the site. Looking forward to hearing what you think about your new bike. Any other changes in mind, or are you going to ride it with the decat and V&H pipes for awhile to see how it feels?

Each one matters.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffer View Post
Welcome to the forum pal. I'm just east of you in Dalgety Bay.

Great weather we've been having eh? (until the haar comes in from the Forth that is).
We have the haar today WTF give us a shout and we could meet up for a cuppa mate.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page