Hello from Essex, UK - Triumph Bobber Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Hello from Essex, UK

Been hovering on the forum since a couple of months now and this has really influenced my decision of purchasing a Bobber Black; which i bought a couple of weeks back!

I have owned several bikes before and one of my favourites was BMW S1000R. Exchanged my S1000R for T120 and now exchanged my T120 for the Bobber Black. Loving it every bit

Will be fitting heated grips on my first service. Not decided yet on the quilted brown seat yet. I know from a few reviews / comments here that it's better than the stock seat for sure.

Budget permitting, i'll have to choose between the Fox rear suspension and the Quilted brown seat. (any recommendations?)

Looking forward to learning and contributing along the way.

Will post pics after my first service, as of now my bobber looks exactly like the stock Bobber black
Billybobber#1 likes this.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 07:57 AM

Garage
Welcome.

Feel free to put up some pictures when you are good and ready.

Eisen77 is selling a brown quilted seat on this forum, have a search fi its still available.
Sijju likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the mention Brigstocksbobber. Yes, the seat is still available.
Personally, i would go with the Fox suspension. Its a far more worthwhile upgrade, especially after coming from bikes like the S1000R.

The quilted seat is not better than the OEM. It has a different, flatter profile which is better suited to some bums & legs. The foam/padding feel exactly the same to me.
Bobber-Bomb likes this.

Last edited by eisen77; 05-09-2018 at 08:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigstocksbobber View Post
Welcome.

Feel free to put up some pictures when you are good and ready.

Eisen77 is selling a brown quilted seat on this forum, have a search fi its still available.
Thanks! Will post some pics soon.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
Welcome to the forum.
Personally, i would go with the Fox suspension. Its a far more worthwhile upgrade...
agree

Sijju likes this.

765RS,Speed3R,ThruxtonR,T120,ThruxtonClassic,Thrux tonEFI,HDSlim,48,NightRoad,DynaGlide,Roadking,Héri tage,900CBR,1500F6C,1100ZRX,1200Bandit,1100Zéphir, 1000CBR,750SRAD,VMax,750&1000GSXR,750Stinger,FJ120 0,500XT,Ténéré,GS1000&750,GT750&380,RDX,K5..
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
Welcome to the forum.
Personally, i would go with the Fox suspension. Its a far more worthwhile upgrade, especially after coming from bikes like the S1000R.

The quilted seat is not better than the OEM. It has a different, flatter profile which is better suited to some bums & legs. The foam/padding feel exactly the same to me.
Thanks eisen

I thought the foam & padding were a lot softer on the Quilted seat; if that's not the case then i'll take your advice and consider going for the Fox suspension.

Thanks again!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome and congrats!
Sijju likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sijju View Post
Thanks eisen

I thought the foam & padding were a lot softer on the Quilted seat; if that's not the case then i'll take your advice and consider going for the Fox suspension.

Thanks again!
Welcome to the forum!

Foam and padding are not always the answer to a better ride. The key factor is support and exactly where that support is. I sat on a quilted seat (but did not ride) and the quilted seat didn't do anything for me. However, a quilted seat might be exactly what you need. See if you can try one out first.

I want to try a leather statement seat to see how it works.

I spent 30 years riding long distance bicycle. One of the best seats that I ever found was a hard leather Brooks seat. It hurt like **** until you broke it in but after that it was perfect because it conformed and supported.

The Fox suspension - after you get it dialed in - is great!

(I'm thinking a leather Brooks backpack would be perfect to carry stuff.)

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Foam and padding are not always the answer to a better ride. The key factor is support and exactly where that support is. I sat on a quilted seat (but did not ride) and the quilted seat didn't do anything for me. However, a quilted seat might be exactly what you need. See if you can try one out first.

I want to try a leather statement seat to see how it works.

I spent 30 years riding long distance bicycle. One of the best seats that I ever found was a hard leather Brooks seat. It hurt like **** until you broke it in but after that it was perfect because it conformed and supported.

The Fox suspension - after you get it dialed in - is great!

(I'm thinking a leather Brooks backpack would be perfect to carry stuff.)
I think all of who own the Statement seat really, really like it once it’s broken us in (not the other way round )
But it just doesn’t allow long distance rides. That’s it’s only major drawback.

You are spot on with the support/foam issue.
Psychopasta and gfspencer like this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 12:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sijju View Post

Thanks again!
Essen’s right the quilted seat isn't any more or less comfortable than stock it’s just a different profile, which you may prefer or you may not? I love it, for me it’s perfect compromise between the ‘skinny' bench like statement and the fat ‘cloud' like Corbin

As for the Fox shock, how much do you weigh? If you’re over 90kg (by all accounts) you’ll see a definite improvement in shock absorption, if you’re under the difference won’t be as noticeable. You'd probably be better getting a shock from a manufacturer were it can be built to your weight or forget the shock and just buy a Corbin seat.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page