• 2 Post By eisen77
  • 2 Post By MikeB
  • 1 Post By Ribkick
  • 1 Post By ysoslo
  • 1 Post By SXTony

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Iím...

.....Billybobber, been riding/racing/crashing/rebuilding/spending too much money on and loving motorbikes for 48 years, I started illegally at 14 years old...now Iím all legal (well, most of the time officer!)

My wife bought me my Bobber at the Triumph Bobber launch evening back in February 2017 as a retirement present and I have to say itís the most fun I can get these days with my clothes still on! https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/fo...1&d=1525107366

Cheers,

Billybobber
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	48F67E10-1E3C-455E-A95C-5DD4A7ED2710.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	21729  
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 02:08 PM

bienvenu jeune homme
Louie and Billybobber#1 like this.

765RS,Speed3R,ThruxtonR,T120,ThruxtonClassic,Thrux tonEFI,HDSlim,48,NightRoad,DynaGlide,Roadking,Hťri tage,900CBR,1500F6C,1100ZRX,1200Bandit,1100Zťphir, 1000CBR,750SRAD,VMax,750&1000GSXR,750Stinger,FJ120 0,500XT,Tťnťrť,GS1000&750,GT750&380,RDX,K5..
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 02:10 PM

Garage
Cracking post... can relate whole heartedly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

A warm welcome to the forum
Agree totally with Mike - a cracking introduction.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 04:29 PM

Welcome to the forum! What a fantastic retirement present. Enjoy.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybobber#1 View Post
.....Billybobber, been riding/racing/crashing/rebuilding/spending too much money on and loving motorbikes for 48 years, I started illegally at 14 years old...now Iím all legal (well, most of the time officer!)

My wife bought me my Bobber at the Triumph Bobber launch evening back in February 2017 as a retirement present and I have to say itís the most fun I can get these days with my clothes still on! https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/fo...1&d=1525107366

Cheers,

Billybobber
Great intro, Billy. If I may ask, what/where do you get that side bag? I like the size. Much better than what Triumph offers and what mount did you use? Thanks in advance.
Billybobber#1 likes this.

2018 Bobber in Morello Red
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 01:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribkick View Post
Great intro, Billy. If I may ask, what/where do you get that side bag? I like the size. Much better than what Triumph offers and what mount did you use? Thanks in advance.
This is off his post the other day when he was having trouble posting pics:

Panniers
Hi Mike,

I got the panniers off EBay....£47 delivered from India....only took 4 days to arrive!!!.....made from goat skin....and they are lined!,

They were a lighter tan colour but I dyed them darker to match the saddle and lathered them with horse harness waterproofing grease so they stay reasonably dry inside.

I had to buy the Triumph Bobber pannier mounting rails to put them on.....they were too big to just hang off the swinging cage.....plus any extra weight put on the swinging cage has a negative effect on the rear suspension......anyway all in, it cost me £155......considering even the titchy tiny Triumph swinging arm bags costs about £185 and you would struggle to fit even a folded up hanky into it ....I reckon I did all right.........and donít even mention the larger Triumph panniers....well over £500....they are not even waterproof and you have to spend another 30 quid to get rain cover for them!!!......and, they are not even all leather!!!

I have a two litre bike specific plastic Jerry Can that I carry easily in one of the bags with plenty of room to spare so no fuel neurosis issues on a longer run any more!�� the other bags has bits, bobs and a tool roll that contains more than just an Allen key in it! ��

The mounting rails look terrible (in my opinion) in chrome so rather than paint them black.....as the panniers would rub the paint off.....I wrapped them with black insulating tape.....they blend in nicely now and do not stick out like a sore thumb!....if the tape ever wears itís easily repaired.

Cheers,

Billybobber
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 04:41 AM

Welcome.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page