Howdy... - Triumph Bobber Forum
 10Likes
  • 10 Post By Guzzilazz

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Cool Howdy...

New member from Essex in the UK...

Started biking in 1971 (Victoria Vicky Moped, Honda C100 (pushrod), CZ 175, Yam RD200 DX, Kawasaki Z400.. bit of a gap then Yamaha XVS 650, MZ ETZ251, Kawasaki GTR1000 (Concours)(1989), Kawasaki GTR1000 (2002), Guzzi Norge, Guzzi Stelvio NTX.

Cartilage problem in left knee and surgery last year has left me in difficulty slinging my leg over the Stelvio (loved both Guzzi's to death). Started looking at a more "feet forward" ride, and last week was introduced to the new Speedmaster at Ling's in Ipswich, had a test ride, and was smitten. Took the lady wife up yesterday to check for pillion comfort and ease of getting on (knee issues as well), big thumbs up, deposit paid.

Jet Black with Highway pack (minus those pig ugly get in the way bags) and footboards. Delivery in May/June. Can't wait...

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
Looking forward to seeing some pics and ride reports.

Hopefully you´ll get your bike sooner rather than later.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzilazz View Post

Cartilage problem in left knee and surgery last year has left me in difficulty slinging my leg over the Stelvio (loved both Guzzi's to death). Started looking at a more "feet forward" ride, and last week was introduced to the new Speedmaster at Ling's in Ipswich, had a test ride, and was smitten. Took the lady wife up yesterday to check for pillion comfort and ease of getting on (knee issues as well), big thumbs up, deposit paid.
The Bobbers and the Speedmaster seem to be the bike of choice for people with knee and/or back problems. That's why I bought my Bobber. But, hey, I'm still riding.

I'm worse than you. I couldn't swing my leg over the Speedmaster.

Welcome to the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome and congrats! Hope the bike comes in speedy!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 11:11 AM

Garage
Welcome to the site, and congratulations on your new adventure! Looking forward to hearing, and hopefully seeing some pics, of your travels.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 07:51 PM

Welcome to the forum!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzilazz View Post

Started biking in 1971 (Victoria Vicky Moped, Honda C100 (pushrod), CZ 175, Yam RD200 DX, Kawasaki Z400.. bit of a gap then Yamaha XVS 650, MZ ETZ251, Kawasaki GTR1000 (Concours)(1989), Kawasaki GTR1000 (2002), Guzzi Norge, Guzzi Stelvio NTX.

Jet Black with Highway pack (minus those pig ugly get in the way bags) and footboards. Delivery in May/June. Can't wait...
Dang. You sound like me. I started biking in 1976. I had to get rid of a BMW R nineT and a Triumph Scrambler because I couldn't sling my leg over them . . . hence the Bobber Black. Only difference is that my wife won't ride with me.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page