Triumph Bobber Forum banner

First Road Trip

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Roy 
#1 ·
Hi Gents,

I won't be around for nearly a week as I'm heading out on my first serous Bobber road trip..:surprise:

All loaded up and heading our from New Mexico to Arizona for a few days and then back. Should be on the road around six days total. I'm not into smart phones, so going old school (no internet) just me and Charlotte (my Bobber). But all being well, will take a few pics and follow up on my return.

Cheerio for now..:grin2:

Roy

#11 ·
Hi Chaps,

Thanks for all the kind words. Just got back last night after a really long ride. Had a great trip, bike ran flawlessly :grin2: Looking forward to sharing more about my travels and comments on the experience later but for now here are some photo taken at various places throughout New Mexico/Arizona.

The sharp eyed amongst you might notice my latest upgrade...:wink2::wink2::wink2:

Cheerio for now,

Roy

Attachments

#14 ·
Mileage Report:

So my total milage for my road trip was nearly 1,200. I have to say that the bike ran flawlessly, a total joy to ride and just wonderful at around 70 or 80 on cruse control.

My longest day I rode 500 miles...:surprise:

I never planed it but with good roads and low wind I just got stuck in. Sure I was a little stiff but overall I was surprised at how well I coped. My only critique about the bike was the lack of comfort but hey it's never going to be a car, so that's just life. The engine seemed like it could just go forever so Triumph really knocked it out of the park.

I was really pleased to have that little extra gas with the larger Speedmaster tank. On one jaunt I rode none stop at 80mph for 125 and when I filled up the gas tank took a full $10, never got that much in it before as $8 is the norm, so I guess I was really low.

I think I'm getting to old for a 500 mile a day ride but good to know I can still cut it....on a good day..:wink2:

Cheerio,

Roy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.