Triumph Bobber Forum - View Single Post - Distinguished Gentleman's Ride - PA
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 09:39 AM
eisen77
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysoslo View Post
We have 99 riders registered here in St. Paul/Minneapolis, although you can't even see the date of the ride without registering first, so 70 of those might be people curious about when it was (like I was). I think it would be fun to do. The only bummer is that I don't have any friends with classic looking bikes, so I'll be going it alone if I do it. I looked at the other bikes people were riding and there was 1 Bobber Black and one other classic Bobber with low bars, so I'd be the only classic with high bars.

For those of you that have done these rides in the past, are people just wearing regular old-style clothes? No helmets, no kevlar jeans or anything? Sounds like it's supposed to be a low speed course.
It is meant to be through the slowest possible streets (taken from the DGR website):

Is it unsafe to wear dapper clothing on a motorcycle?

Riding a motorcycle is a risky exercise, regardless of what you are wearing.

Our event is low speed and takes place through the slowest streets of each city. This is a safety feature of our event to minimise the risk to our participants. If you would like to further reduce your risk of injury, we suggest you consider the Tailored Technology range from our official safety partner REV’IT!, or purchase suitable protective undergarments or armour from your local motorcycle accessories outlet.

Information regarding safety for all rides can be viewed through our Safety Information page.

All the general motorcycle safety and road rules apply on the day. You ride at your own risk. Dangerous riding will not be tolerated.

We have an extensive risk assessment that takes place utilising the key larger events globally. This helps us to better manage these events and ensure the safety of participants.

All the risks are explained in the registration process. If you do not register for the ride, you cannot participate.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome