To license plate relocate or not to license plate relocate; that is the question. - Triumph Bobber Forum
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Post To license plate relocate or not to license plate relocate; that is the question.

So, I've got both the side mounted license plate kit & the rear multifunction light kit from Triumph on hand, but I keep vacillating on whether or not I'm going to install them.

I love the old school look of the rear fender as stock (with the big break light..,) but I also want to change a few things on the bike and make it a bit more "my own."

What is your opinion on the LP relocation & signal/brake light integration? Yay or Nay? Maybe I should start with the LP relocation and then decide on the signals?

2017 Bonneville Bobber
2017 Indian Chief Classic
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Are you doing the short fender? If not, I wouldn't be inclined to put the LP on the side. (even if doing the short fender, I'd try to find a diff solution than the Triumph side mount).
codykday likes this.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muensterDeath View Post
Are you doing the short fender? If not, I wouldn't be inclined to put the LP on the side. (even if doing the short fender, I'd try to find a diff solution than the Triumph side mount).
Not doing the short fender. Not right now anyway...

2017 Bonneville Bobber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by codykday View Post
So, I've got both the side mounted license plate kit & the rear multifunction light kit from Triumph on hand, but I keep vacillating on whether or not I'm going to install them.

I love the old school look of the rear fender as stock (with the big break light..,) but I also want to change a few things on the bike and make it a bit more "my own."

What is your opinion on the LP relocation & signal/brake light integration? Yay or Nay? Maybe I should start with the LP relocation and then decide on the signals?
With a chopped fender, i prefer the LP relocated & small multi function lights (and to show the rear tire) .
With the stock fender, i think it looks great the way it comes from the factory.

Triumph really did a great job with this bike - as its so appealing no matter how you decide to mod it.
DevilDog and codykday like this.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 02:01 PM

Hate, Hate, HATE, HATE side plates, seriously stand back & look at it all lopsided, harley wannabe, no symmetry no no no it looks shite, of course that is only my personal humble opinion.
Someone somewhere must like them I s'pose, just can't see why.
Did I mention I'm not overly keen on side mount plates?
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trirocket3 View Post
Hate, Hate, HATE, HATE side plates, seriously stand back & look at it all lopsided, harley wannabe, no symmetry no no no it looks shite, of course that is only my personal humble opinion.
Someone somewhere must like them I s'pose, just can't see why.
Did I mention I'm not overly keen on side mount plates?

I'm leaning the same way you guys are. I purchased the kits before I received the bike. Now, with the stock fender, I don't think it would look quite right with the plate on the side.

2017 Bonneville Bobber
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 02:55 PM

This is what I did with mine, turn signals are at each upper corner. I am going to re-fit it on the Triumph short fender so it looks like the other picture. Hopefully, you get some ideas from this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6196_1519847478370.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	16914   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6919_1519847705370.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	16922  
Bassbär and codykday like this.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Personal opinion, but there are two things I think do not belong on a modern, new-looking bike: side mounted license plates and exhaust wrap. Both looks great on a well-patina'd ratbike, but if it's all shiny and new then no. Just no.

- P
trirocket3, Ribkick, GPz and 1 others like this.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 06:04 PM

I think the side mount looks OK and seriously thought about it, until I recalled that I'd probably be prone to trip over it. Let those who aren't as clumsy as me enjoy 'em.
bigbird likes this.

Most men that do thrive in the world do forget to take pleasure during the time they're getting their estate, but reserve that til they have got one, and then it is too late to enjoy it. Samuel Pepys
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 07:50 PM

Garage
Nope.

2018 Triumph Bobber with Triumph brown quilted seat, BC Sleeper Pros, Booster Plug, leather fork bag
2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2006 Harley Roadking

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page