Feasibility of a short fender WITH license plate and tail/indicator lights? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Feasibility of a short fender WITH license plate and tail/indicator lights?

I really like the look of Eisen's rear end from Bike brothers

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...html#post63545

Unfortunately, Roughly US $900 including lights and shipping is just too much. I wonder about just ordering the Triumph one, or another brand.

Additionally, I dislike the side plate idea. I'm wondering about the feasibility of using the license plate kit from New Rage Cycles in pictures 3,4 and 5 here:

Triumph Bobber Tail Tidy Fender Eliminator Kit

The NRC option mounts the plate on the back of the fender. I'd keep this, but instead of the light bar, use the Rizoma Club S taillight/indicators, like Eisen's build. - Ideally with a short fender... Basically, the BB style, but with the NRC plate? Any ideas? Wonder if NRC would modify their kit and wiring harness to use the Rizoma lights on the fender strut?

2018 Bobber Black with matte tank, Vance & Hines silencers, Tec x-pipe, NRC tail tidy, X-Arc signals.
post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Oat, thanks for the compliment.
I no longer use a side mounted plate and now use a single sided, illuminated (road legal) plate holder from MOSKIS.
oatmeal769 likes this.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
Oat, thanks for the compliment.
Yeah man, that looks really slick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
I no longer use a side-mounted plate and now use a single-sided, illuminated (road legal) plate holder from MOSKIS.
Hmm. Interesting. Gosh, I hate license plates! I wish there were a way to mount it behind my seat...

2018 Bobber Black with matte tank, Vance & Hines silencers, Tec x-pipe, NRC tail tidy, X-Arc signals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

There's something similar on A&J Cycles The kit doesn't look bad at $319, but tack on another $400 for an UNPAINTED fender? That's too rich. Wonder if that kit might work with the Triumph short fender offering?

post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 05:59 PM

I’ve done basically this. I have the NRC license plate, got the outpost license plate light bracket and mounted Rizoma club lights to them. Next thing I’m doing is adding a bates style tail light to it, just need to get home and find half a day to put it on. I’ll post a picture if I can.
oatmeal769 likes this.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 06:03 PM

Here is the mid install photo. I actually don’t have a good one with it complete but as soon as I toss the tail light on as well I’ll snap a couple.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9CC7F83E-5FE3-4758-BE70-68BE33635A44_1564264943829.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	36127  
Trace and oatmeal769 like this.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogan.mcgillis View Post
Here is the mid install photo. I actually don’t have a good one with it complete but as soon as I toss the tail light on as well I’ll snap a couple.
Yes, PLEASE do! Also, link to any other parts you're using? I don't see how the NRC and outpost bracket - and Rizoma lights - go together.
This is very close if not exactly what I want to do. Are you going to use the stock fender? The shorty? Or an aftermarket? What are you doing for the wiring? I would want to keep the NRC style plate light, not the big one offered with the Outpost rig.

Last edited by oatmeal769; 07-27-2019 at 07:38 PM.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 07:33 PM

I installed the NRC kit and multifunction X-Arcs. I would have liked a short fender but dislike side plates and you can’t mount a plate on a short fender while still being visible. If I got rid of my fender altogether I’d do the Moskis.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F87AF3DF-A941-41E7-8736-C1082860BAAE_1564270452164.jpeg
Views:	285
Size:	891.6 KB
ID:	36133  
oatmeal769 likes this.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
I installed the NRC kit and multifunction X-Arcs. I would have liked a short fender but dislike side plates and you can’t mount a plate on a short fender while still being visible. If I got rid of my fender altogether I’d do the Moskis.
That looks Badass! Are those lights better/brighter than the Rizo's? And, how did you mount them - Were you drilling holes? I'd like to be able to return to stock if I sell.

post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Rogan.Mcgillis and Kilyung - Looks like you're in Colorado as well - what parts? I'm in Aurora/Denver.

*Edit* Kilyung - That pic looks like L.A., which is where I'm from. Moved here 6 years ago

Where did you get your bikes? Any chance I could come look at your tail assemblies?

Thanks to both for your input. Looks like you'll both save me many hundreds of dollars, and get me a lot closer to what I want.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page