Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Tail Tidy - as tidy as it gets

6K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Bassbär 
#1 ·
Here´s my latest take on a tail tidy without relocating the licence plate.
First of all a big thanks to valued member chezqui who pointed out the availability of the British Legends licence plate holder (which actually is from France by the way:wink2:)
I combined it with the also newly available Kellerman Atto DFs which are pretty much as small as it gets... please no hate for my fugly huge licence plate guys. They are 18x20cm and we have to deal with this fact even if it hurts the eye. Last thing worth mentioning is that all the parts do indeed have an E-mark which makes them legal in Europe. Total cost was 109 Euros for the licence plate holder and 2x 92 Euros for the Attos.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Yeah, please don't be offended by my joking around. Rarely do I intend to hurt anyone's feelings.

It's just that, as a person who deeply appreciates the aesthetics of a beautiful motorcycle -- especially a thoughtfully modified one -- I cannot help but receive those ridiculously enormous European license plates as a visual punch in the face. They are so friggin incredibly Fugly, I can't believe people put up with it. After all, what possible purpose on God's green earth could there be for forcing free men and women to ride around with those gigantic tags on their bikes? Is Big Brother tracking you from space with 1980s vintage satellites? Are the police half blind and unwilling to get corrective lenses? Is it just an "F-You, WE OWN YOU and you shall take the humiliation and like it" from the government? Lord above. Educate me if there is a viable reason for this other than "showing you who's boss.".

I suppose many people have gradually gotten used to it and my comments might seem a bit extreme to them, but if that became law in my state I think I'd organize some kind of protest and strike to withhold the license fees from my oppressors and park my bike till they gave in.

-GPz/Gary

#7 ·
I combined it with the also newly available Kellerman Atto DFs which are pretty much as small as it gets... please no hate for my fugly huge licence plate guys. They are 18x20cm and we have to deal with this fact even if it hurts the eye. Last thing worth mentioning is that all the parts do indeed have an E-mark which makes them legal in Europe. Total cost was 109 Euros for the licence plate holder and 2x 92 Euros for the Attos.
Hey Bassbar, your tail-tidy looks great thanks for sharing. :grin2:

One question how easy was it to connect the Kellermann Attos? Were they plug 'n' play or did you buy an adaptor or did you just splice them?

Thanks

#11 ·
It was relatively easy for me as an electrician... each of the Attos has a quite long pigtail of four thin wires coming out of the end of the M5 thread: ground, brake, indicator and taillight. I simply soldered the original connector plugs (which I of course had to cut) of the indicators and the tail/brakelight assembly to the Attos to be able to attach or remove the whole license plate assembly without cutting the wires. Now that I describe it, I feel like I should have taken some photos of the whole process :) sorry...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.