Tail Tidy - as tidy as it gets - Triumph Bobber Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Tail Tidy - as tidy as it gets

Here´s my latest take on a tail tidy without relocating the licence plate.
First of all a big thanks to valued member chezqui who pointed out the availability of the British Legends licence plate holder (which actually is from France by the way)
I combined it with the also newly available Kellerman Atto DFs which are pretty much as small as it gets... please no hate for my fugly huge licence plate guys. They are 18x20cm and we have to deal with this fact even if it hurts the eye. Last thing worth mentioning is that all the parts do indeed have an E-mark which makes them legal in Europe. Total cost was 109 Euros for the licence plate holder and 2x 92 Euros for the Attos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AttoDF(3).jpg
Views:	147
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	33293   Click image for larger version

Name:	AttoDF(2).jpg
Views:	170
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	33295   Click image for larger version

Name:	AttoDF(1).jpg
Views:	152
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	33297   Click image for larger version

Name:	AttoDF(4).jpg
Views:	140
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	33299  

Doesn´t matter what you ride... just ride!
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbär View Post
Here´s my latest take on a tail tidy without relocating the licence plate.
First of all a big thanks to valued member chezqui who pointed out the availability of the British Legends licence plate holder (which actually is from France by the way)
I combined it with the also newly available Kellerman Atto DFs which are pretty much as small as it gets... please no hate for my fugly huge licence plate guys. They are 18x20cm and we have to deal with this fact even if it hurts the eye. Last thing worth mentioning is that all the parts do indeed have an E-mark which makes them legal in Europe. Total cost was 109 Euros for the licence plate holder and 2x 92 Euros for the Attos.
Love em! But that dinner plate, omg!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Bassbär likes this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 07:55 PM
GPz

What am I looking at? Is that a big flat screen TV to entertain drivers behind you in traffic jams? Are you selling advertising on that thing?

-GPz/Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:10 PM

Garage
Thumbs up

Steady on fella’s!

Different countries have a legal requirement to run with a larger sized plate.

I’m sure we would all rather have a smaller plate/ or even better no plate at all... but we work with what we can and do our best.

Personally I think it looks like a huge improvement... nice work
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 12:39 PM
GPz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J Commo View Post
Steady on fella’s!

Different countries have a legal requirement to run with a larger sized plate.

I’m sure we would all rather have a smaller plate/ or even better no plate at all... but we work with what we can and do our best.

Personally I think it looks like a huge improvement... nice work
Yeah, please don't be offended by my joking around. Rarely do I intend to hurt anyone's feelings.

It's just that, as a person who deeply appreciates the aesthetics of a beautiful motorcycle -- especially a thoughtfully modified one -- I cannot help but receive those ridiculously enormous European license plates as a visual punch in the face. They are so friggin incredibly Fugly, I can't believe people put up with it. After all, what possible purpose on God's green earth could there be for forcing free men and women to ride around with those gigantic tags on their bikes? Is Big Brother tracking you from space with 1980s vintage satellites? Are the police half blind and unwilling to get corrective lenses? Is it just an "F-You, WE OWN YOU and you shall take the humiliation and like it" from the government? Lord above. Educate me if there is a viable reason for this other than "showing you who's boss.".

I suppose many people have gradually gotten used to it and my comments might seem a bit extreme to them, but if that became law in my state I think I'd organize some kind of protest and strike to withhold the license fees from my oppressors and park my bike till they gave in.

-GPz/Gary
Bassbär, Mike J Commo and jaho like this.

Last edited by GPz; 05-20-2019 at 01:00 PM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 01:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPz View Post
I suppose many people have gradually gotten used to it and my comments might seem a bit extreme to them, but if that became law in my state I think I'd organize some kind of protest and strike to withhold the license fees from my oppressors and park my bike till they gave in.

-GPz/Gary
“Park your bike till they gave in?” I don’t think so. Or at least I wouldn’t be able to. Of course, that might be their intention, that everyone stops riding because the plates became too big to live with. A little bigger and from behind, it will just start looking like a moving license plate attached to nothing.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 02:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Hey Bassbar, your tail-tidy looks great thanks for sharing.

One question how easy was it to connect the Kellermann Attos? Were they plug 'n' play or did you buy an adaptor or did you just splice them?

Thanks
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 03:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Yeah, please don't be offended by my joking around. Rarely do I intend to hurt anyone's feelings.

It's just that, as a person who deeply appreciates the aesthetics of a beautiful motorcycle -- especially a thoughtfully modified one -- I cannot help but receive those ridiculously enormous European license plates as a visual punch in the face. They are so friggin incredibly Fugly, I can't believe people put up with it. After all, what possible purpose on God's green earth could there be for forcing free men and women to ride around with those gigantic tags on their bikes? Is Big Brother tracking you from space with 1980s vintage satellites? Are the police half blind and unwilling to get corrective lenses? Is it just an "F-You, WE OWN YOU and you shall take the humiliation and like it" from the government? Lord above. Educate me if there is a viable reason for this other than "showing you who's boss.".

-GPz/Gary
To be fair... I run an illegally small and coloured plate... a lot of people do but rely on the fact that our police are undermanned and overly stretched to have the time to bust us for it!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

-GPz/Gary

Don ´t worry about it, I know that it´s all in good fun coming from you, Gary. By the way: I love your writing. You should try standup comedy. I´d buy a ticket

Doesn´t matter what you ride... just ride!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 04:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Don ´t worry about it, I know that it´s all in good fun coming from you, Gary. By the way: I love your writing. You should try standup comedy. I´d buy a ticket
I feel bad now for being overly protective

Truth is... I guess I just often marvel at how nice, respectful and well behaved people are on this site when compared to others, to such a degree I get a little carried away trying to keep it that way.

Bassbär likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page