8Likes
  • 6 Post By chezqui
  • 1 Post By Forjox
  • 1 Post By chezqui

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

MOTONE risers

My 5˘

I was initially impressed with the risers when they arrived. On removing the Triumph original parts it becomes clear though that they are constructed to a price, which is to be expected.

The base of the original risers are stepped whereas the Motone risers are flat. My only concern is that Triumph wouldn't bother producing 'stepped' bases if it weren't a practical feature as opposed to a cosmetic one.

The bolts that secure the risers have no shoulder, they are threaded for the entire length. I can only presume they are strong enough for the job. Incidentally, they are 9/16AF in my kit, not 15mm as in Stuart Fillingham's vid but the vid saved a lot of thinking time. I will replace these with Stainless items.

I didn't remove the cap head screws that secure the speedo binnacle. 3/8" drive sockets fitted nicely.

I put masking tape either side of the risers on the original bars as a guide for centralising the bars on the new risers.

There is a 2mm gap between the riser caps and the risers when tightened. Just make sure the gaps are equal when you tighten your screws.

Ride Position: I wasn't convinced that the risers would make that much difference - but they really do. At the mo, I really like the new position. I realise (being a bit of a shortarse) how much I have been using the bars for support.

my 5˘;
Kit 8/10
Effectiveness 9/10
Forjox, eisen77, ysoslo and 3 others like this.

Last edited by chezqui; 05-14-2019 at 03:56 PM.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 04:14 PM

Garage
I agree with your description. I like the shorter reach. There was a washer included in the OEM setup that needs removal....hope you did that. I do wish the OEM top clamp would fit!? Unfortunately the bolt spacing won’t allow that. I was hoping for the shorter reach to provide less numbness in the lower region!? Seat is all the way forward!
��������
chezqui likes this.

Riding Free

Last edited by Forjox; 05-14-2019 at 04:25 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 11:48 PM

I also like the risers. Much more relaxed shoulders in the riding position.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Still enjoying the new ride position and the cable seem fine with the Bike Brothers bars.
perrymoa likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page