Kijima Rack - Triumph Bobber Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Kijima Rack

Hi,

A few weeks ago I bought a rack from the brand kijima.

I was looking for a rack that did not need to drill the fender... kijima is perfect!

I bought it at the following website: https://www.webike.es/products/23661329.html

They send it from Japan. Between the price of the rack plus the cost of shipping plus customs I paid about € 220... more expensive than the other model (the one that has to be drilled) ... but in my case it's worth it.

The first impressions were good although I saw something flimsy:

But once mounted it seems perfect!

It took me about 20 minutes to mount it since the position of the inner screws of the mudguard seems very difficult to handle.... I needed an allen key with the very short short end. The manufacturer advises to disassemble the wheel, but I did not need to dismantle anything, just remove 4 screws.

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 09:17 AM

Looks good!
didakpc likes this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 09:54 AM
Roy

Garage
Looks really nice indeed.

Well done.

Cheerio,

Roy
didakpc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:36 PM

I have the same one. I love it. I bought it for the fact that it is completely reversible. Great job.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by didakpc View Post
Hi,

A few weeks ago I bought a rack from the brand kijima.

I was looking for a rack that did not need to drill the fender... kijima is perfect!

I bought it at the following website: https://www.webike.es/products/23661329.html

They send it from Japan. Between the price of the rack plus the cost of shipping plus customs I paid about € 220... more expensive than the other model (the one that has to be drilled) ... but in my case it's worth it.

The first impressions were good although I saw something flimsy:

But once mounted it seems perfect!

It took me about 20 minutes to mount it since the position of the inner screws of the mudguard seems very difficult to handle.... I needed an allen key with the very short short end. The manufacturer advises to disassemble the wheel, but I did not need to dismantle anything, just remove 4 screws.

[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/images/TriumphBobberForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Knight View Post
I have the same one. I love it. I bought it for the fact that it is completely reversible. Great job.
Hey, can I bother either one of you guys to tell me the actual measurements, length and width, of the Kijima rack? Thanks!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 06:57 PM

Just fitted the rack. Absolute b*stard I have to say, largely because of my inherent laziness. I was determined to do it without removing the wheel. Had to jury-rig a sawn-off torx bit into a filed-off spanner to make it happen. Letting out the air out of the tyre may also have helped with space, but I avoided that also and got there in the end. Great rack; 14x25cm is the actual rack size. It’s steel and I sat on it and it didn’t budge (had to be done). The steel bar retaining the mudguard is very impressive actually. Solid. So I’ll be loading it up for a jaunt soon, but I’m certainly glad I got it, looks well and doesn’t take away from the bike, nor result in any irreversible changes. Not that I’ll be taking it off any time soon ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DBD9C6BE-1321-48B2-BAF3-25D6B71EADDF_1560034288576.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	34117  
eisen77 and majstevetrevor like this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcqeen View Post
Just fitted the rack. Absolute b*stard I have to say, largely because of my inherent laziness. I was determined to do it without removing the wheel. Had to jury-rig a sawn-off torx bit into a filed-off spanner to make it happen. Letting out the air out of the tyre may also have helped with space, but I avoided that also and got there in the end. Great rack; 14x25cm is the actual rack size. Itís steel and I sat on it and it didnít budge (had to be done). The steel bar retaining the mudguard is very impressive actually. Solid. So Iíll be loading it up for a jaunt soon, but Iím certainly glad I got it, looks well and doesnít take away from the bike, nor result in any irreversible changes. Not that Iíll be taking it off any time soon ....

I did even worse: Ended up taking it to my local garage to install. I am currently not set up to take my wheel off, but still figured how hard could it be to get four screws off... Those under the fender were a bear! Got one off after much fiddling, but then stripped the other one! So, had to take it in for the pros.

Otherwise, pretty happy with it, though I wish it did not turn up at the front and back of the rack, which makes it just a bit less convenient for mounting bags securely.
alanmcqeen likes this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:12 PM

Hi all.

Can anyone tell me if this Kijima Rack can be installed with the existing bolts? Or will other longer bolts be required? If new bolts are needed, do you know the specs?

I received my rack in the post recently and a bit surprised it didn't come with new bolts. I thought the added thickness of the rack mounts would require longer bolts. I plan on the installation tomorrow and prefer to know if new bolts are needed before getting into it.

Thank for your help.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 05:51 PM

No bolts required. The bolts are very long as is; I was somewhat surprised when I finally got them out!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 05:53 PM

Excellent news! Thank you.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page