Triumph brand saddlebags - Triumph Bobber Forum
 65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Triumph brand saddlebags

First off , still learning to navigate the site , so if this has been covered , I apologize in advance. I am seriously considering the leather bags for my Bobber Black , and wanted to hear from anyone that has them on upkeep. I noticed they use the phrase water resistant , and being leather , I get that. I do ride year round , and wet is a regular occurrence here in the south. What are you guys that use the Triumph luggage use to maintain them with ? Coming from years of Adventure bikes with waterproof roll bags , this will be a new thing for me to consider.

Also , Am I just that bad at searching , or is no one making much in the way of saddlebags and saddlebag systems for this bike? I have seen the bracket that H/B (?) makes (looks like an overgrown horse shoe) but otherwise , I ain't coming up with much. If I'm missing something (before I drop over 7 bills for Triumph stuff) , Please , feel free to show me options.

Yes , I know it's not meant for bags.

Thanks ,

Dan
post #2 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 10:27 AM

If you want proper panniers or saddlebags..... buy another bike, the bobber is not made for travelling...

2017 Bonneville Bobber in jet black
2013 Tiger 800 roadie in crystal white
post #3 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Thanks , I covered that.
trirocket3 and Mike the Bike like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derchef62 View Post
If you want proper panniers or saddlebags..... buy another bike, the bobber is not made for travelling...
No, Have bobber Can travel, it's not what a bike is made for it's what you use it for that matters.
post #5 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trirocket3 View Post
No, Have bobber Can travel, it's not what a bike is made for it's what you use it for that matters.
Mine will be seeing more than just the parking lot of my favorite watering hole. I road trip regularly , I'll just be doing this one 100-120 miles at a time.
post #6 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 11:26 AM

Garage
I don't see the bags for the Speedmaster as fit for purpose. Waxed cotton and leather and £437 (IIRC) for the pair and the mounts. They can't be locked shut or locked to the bike... If I decide on bags, it'll probably be the Held ones, they're all leather and half the price, and they can be locked themselves and to the bike...

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #7 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 04:44 PM

I will actually answer your question. I have the bags. Only the top flap is leather, the est is waxed cotton. They are very easy on and off. I treat the leather with a leather conditioner and the waxed cotton is well....waxed cotton. But the bags come with rain covers that work fairly well. I bought them because I think they look the best for this bike and the ease in removing them. I find them essential on errands and small trips. This is not my tourer, I have a CVO Road King for that.
Mike the Bike and Big Bear like this.
post #8 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCGSS View Post
I will actually answer your question. I have the bags. Only the top flap is leather, the est is waxed cotton. They are very easy on and off. I treat the leather with a leather conditioner and the waxed cotton is well....waxed cotton. But the bags come with rain covers that work fairly well. I bought them because I think they look the best for this bike and the ease in removing them. I find them essential on errands and small trips. This is not my tourer, I have a CVO Road King for that.
Thank you , I know it's not for everyone to throw bags on a bike of this caliber , but it will be my do all bike for a while. Just has a little attitude.
post #9 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 08:51 PM

I have seen about 8 different bags on Bobbers so far! Everyone want a bag or 2. I have done a few 400 mile trips on mine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new Bobber.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	21929  
Big Bear likes this.
post #10 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 07:06 AM

On the days where the mornings are too cold without a coat and no where to stow a coat on the Bobber in the hot afternoon, I'm relegated to take the Harley with hard bags--when I might have enjoyed the Bobber more.

To me, the Bobber is a stand alone: no windshield, no bags. So, I'm considering a Ural rack (like I've seen that some have mounted to the rear fender) as a method of toting a bag tied down with bungee cords. This will be my compromise.

I had the brown Triumph panniers on my T100, and they looked OK. To me they're too big for the Bobber due to the Bobber's design. (Yet, to each his own.)
Big Bear likes this.

Most men that do thrive in the world do forget to take pleasure during the time they're getting their estate, but reserve that til they have got one, and then it is too late to enjoy it. Samuel Pepys

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page