MotoLED install question - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

MotoLED install question

Hi Guys
This particular LED comes with 3 adapter rings, this is the way the parts counter guy installed the ring to work with the bobber headlight. I have seen pics somewhere on here in the large thread on LED headlights and those bulbs are oriented 180 degrees from mine. So the flat part of the triangle is up top, does it make a difference? I could rotate the adapter 180 degrees. The kit came with no instructions and a search on here was inconclusive other than a headlight upgrade is a popular upgrade. The bulb is much brighter but I won't know if it makes a difference until I am on the road. SNOW Still. I could be throwing all my light up in the trees.

Anyone know?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P3170385.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	18234  
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

It would make a difference in the way it reflects light.
The Pathfinder H4NF has a different shape to your model and the LED section needs to be facing up. I recommend you do a live test when you can finally get you bike on the road and see which setup illuminates correctly rather than just throwing out bright, random light.

Last edited by eisen77; 03-17-2018 at 01:55 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I can't tell in the garage and it's only a 5 minute job. There is a youtube video of a guy installing it on a Honda but at the end I couldn't tell which way it was oriented. No instructions in the box or online.

Frustrated waiting for the snow to go. No warm weather in the foreseeable forecast.

Can't wait to ride it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 01:48 PM

From previous experience only one ring will work and bed properly. That's the one that is most likely the correct one for your application. As Eisen said, you have to road test it.

Chico
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico View Post
From previous experience only one ring will work and bed properly. That's the one that is most likely the correct one for your application. As Eisen said, you have to road test it.

Chico

The unit comes with 3 rings so it will pretty much fit any application. I'm using the only ring that will work with the Bobber's socket but I can reinstall the ring so the bulb is 180 degrees from it's current location.

Road test will tell. It's minus 10C and going to 17C. This is the toughest time of the year because you know you are getting close to riding season

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page