Gasser Customs - Triumph Bobber Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Gasser Customs

Hey all,

Anybody looking to get a pair of the Gasser Customs pipes for the bobber?

They sent me the wrong color (I have a bobber black), and they also have small (buffable) scratches on the end of the caps facing the INSIDE of the bike so they would not be seen anyways. I sent them the same pictures that are attached here, and they said they could not have possibly caused those scratches and said they could not refund me, so i'd like to offer them to someone else as I will be going with the Vance and Hines black pipes for my bobber.

I paid $600, I know the brushed aluminum ones are $500, so i'd like to get $400 for them if possible.

Let me know if anyone is interested, and I can't wait to share pictures of my finished Bobber Black!

-Captain
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image3.jpg (170.9 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg image2.jpg (150.9 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (131.3 KB, 90 views)
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
See my most recent post. I also have the scratches you note, but I also see a bend in the light on image3 which indicates a dent, of which I have the same. Is it on the right side pipe? Right if sitting on the bike.

So, to me, this would indicate that this is a result of their normal build/manufature/ "hand-made" exhaust.

I called and left a message with Gasser but have not heard back.

At $500+, I would not expect to see scratches and a dent....
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i saw yours as well. Not sure which side mine is on because they're at the dealer (who called to share the news of the scratches), so unfortunately I can't confirm. But them not accepting a return/refund really bothered me personally as it seems like bad business.

I agree, for the price, these should have clean welds and no blemishes. I just bit the bullet and got the Vance and Hines because I know their quality, my mechanic was also concerned with the fitment, and they've been great to me so I just did the swap instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFrench View Post
Roger that. My experience thus far with Gasser is less than stellar. They didn't respond to A&J for days after I ordered, now this, and your post. I am hoping after install they simply blow me away...

I called and left a message with Gasser about the dent, but after reading your post, I am going to assume they will do nothing about it. In my message I asked for partial refund or a re-provision of the right side.....neither is likely to occur as it seems.

I hope Gasser looks at forums, for what they offer as "hand-made", it's a limited market for what they make and these types of items are not good for them.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

10-4,

I was surprised based on their reputation, but it is what it is, I suppose.

In their email back to me, they offered to have me pay to ship them BACK to them, they would polish off the scratches, and I could pay to have them shipped back to me... That coupled with another issue I had with a different aftermarket company just completely rubbed me the wrong way, so I just couldn't put them on my Bobber.

I hope they do too, especially because I sent them the link to see i'm not the only one
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 07:41 PM

I was going to purchase a set of black gasser mufflers for the bobber black but I will look elsewhere,i cannot live with small dents .
CaptainFrench likes this.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
To be fair, this and my post appear to be the 1st issues with Gasser exhausts. I am not sure I would completely write them off.

I just hope that Gasser is looking at what people are saying or questioning about their products and address it.

Again, for me the dent is on the inside and would likely never be seen....but still......
CaptainFrench likes this.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Same here with muensterDeath, nobody else has reported this.

The weirdness is that we both had the same issue at basically the same time, and personally i'm put off by their lack of caring/understanding.

The videos/posts I've seen about them seem to be that they sound great, but again for the price it's a little suspicious for me.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
UPDATE: I just got off the phone with Gasser's CFO and co-owner, Lisa. 15 minute phone call discussing the dent and the welds. She expressed extreme interest in customer satisfaction and ensuring the that their (Adam/Lisa) customers are happy and taken care of is of great importance to them.

We talked about the right side pipe with the dent, and she is sending out a shipping label to return that side and they will be rebuilding that side to send out. The welds as they are, are how the pipes are supposed to be to have a rustic aesthetic to them.

Having only left them a message a couple hours ago, and to get a satisfying call back, I am grateful for Gasser's customer service.

CaptainFrench - Lisa also stated that she would be contacting you.

Score on the support from Gasser's!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Haha yes the exact same thing happened for me!!

She called and was very concerned and wanted to make sure I was happy, she mention 'the other guy' too, and absolutely score one for Gasser Custom!

Especially brianW don't be put off, these scratches were a fluke, and they are even paying to have ours fixed. I was even offered a discount on an x-pipe.... too bad i already have one, but it shows that they are invested in their products, and their customers
ysoslo likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page