Clip ons - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Clip ons

I like the look of Triumph’s clip ons for the Bobber. Anybody fitted them?

If so, how are they for comfort, handling, etc.?
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

I can´t comment on long term comfort or practicality, but i think aesthetically they look great.
I tried the clip ons at a the dealer and they seemed pretty comfy (but not as much as the OEM bar, for me).
The mechanic told me that they look great but he also prefers riding with the standard bar.

Overall, it is a look i might adopt one day and certainly have not ruled it out.
And the added bonus is, its not a massive job to swap over - so can always revert/change when i feel like it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 02:53 AM

I have 'Clip ons' on my Bobber and find it really comfortable and no handling problems. I bought it used already with the 'Clip ons' fitted but had rode a Bobber with the standard bars previously. I love the look - makes it a bit different. I have a couple of pics on my page.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by de56vdx View Post
I have 'Clip ons' on my Bobber and find it really comfortable and no handling problems. I bought it used already with the 'Clip ons' fitted but had rode a Bobber with the standard bars previously. I love the look - makes it a bit different. I have a couple of pics on my page.
Your bike does look good. Mine's is almost the same except for the clip ons (and tank colour). I have a fairly hunched forward riding position with the standard bars and was worried that with clip ons, my riding position would be too "scrunched up" for longer trips.

If you're saying they're comfy though, then I'll maybe give them a shot.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Just been leafing through this week's MCN (British weekly motorcycle paper) and there was a comparison test between the Indian Scout Bobber and the Triumph one. The Triumph they tested was fitted with clip ons and they're saying it's not the most comfortable.

I'll just have to test ride a clip on'ed Bobber myself to find out how it is for me.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffer View Post
I'll just have to test ride a clip on'ed Bobber myself to find out how it is for me.
Sounds like the best way guffer :-)
My bobber had clipons fitted when I bought mine.
Visually from every angle I couldn’t fault the look of the bobber with clipons fitted
When you study the side profile of the bobber with clipons and then imagine/visualise where your ankles,knees,hips,elbows and wrists will be it looks a horrible position to ride but once your rolling it actually is really comfortable for me anyway ;-) no aching wrists,numb fingers,back ache etc all good.
Longest ride I’ve done so far was just over 100miles without issue !!
I’m 5ft8” or 1m73cm tall
HTH
OBM

Some days it just isn't worth chewing through the restraints !!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page