Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Austrian toll Sticker /vignette

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Leon 
#1 ·
Dear colleagues, a special question for our Austrian bobbers: (though in fact in Switserland there is a common problem I guess)

Situation:
I hope to get my Bobber black (Matt) end of this week, so am checking out the www on Bobber (ofcourse), suddenly it came up in my mind that for my planned trip to Tridays/club of Newchurch in a “few” weeks, I need to buy (not the problem) and STICK (Yo, there IS the problem) it on the bobber......
Where the h.. should I put it? If i’d Stick it on the front fender I could imagine the paint won’t look that nice any more when I take it off (which I ofcourse will after the trip) :surprise:
Or ( can you “hear the hope I have by just reading?) do you in Austria - Switserland have special “brackets” on which these ”pickerl” can be stuck?”

Just hoping you have a solution ready which can share with us (or me at least :wink2: )

Cu
Léon (the soon to be coolest Dutchman in Oberreifenberg - Germany)

Reactions: getor
#3 · (Edited)
the Austrian vignette: on the fork tube. (only one week for a trip)
the Swiss vignette: under the saddle,for me.
You should know that Switzerland accepts that the vignette is not visible.
if they control you, show where it is stick.the important thing is to have it stuck on the bike for not having a ticket.

Reactions: chezqui and Leon
#5 · (Edited)
slightly off topic but: why do you want to use the motorway at all if you go from the Rhein-Main region to Newchurch. I did this three times never went on the motorway....

You can either go via Achenkirch and straight into Zillertal and then Gerlos Pass, if you want motorway in Germany take the A8 round Munich than get off to Bad Tölz and from there on to Achenkirch
or via Garmisch-Mittenwald-Seefeld this one takes you through Innsbruck though and that may take some time
Avoid the Fernpass too crowded

NB: if you use a Garmin satnav I could send you some routes I have made for the trip, r u trying to do this in one or two days, I always took two

#7 ·
Dear people,

I “ofcourse” know most options (fork tube etc) , what I didn’t know (thx Pfen) is that the CH sticker doesn’t have to be visible, thx 4that info.
@derchef62 (btw probably almost same age) thx for proposition, didn’t life get easy now we all have satnav (btw being Dutch, I ofcourse use TomTom :). but still )
I’m also aware of the fact I can go there without using the motorways, In fact I am not really planning that, but, as I am kind of &#@(‘nv#;=#, which I always see as positive ( I know not always the standard) I might happen to find myself on a motorway cause suddenly I have the idea (problem of having enough time I know) of going to..... Mozambique ? ( ok that’s accegerated I know) but you guys get the idea. (I Still see that as positive)

I already had an idea of putting a plastic layer on my front fender before I add the sticker... Until....... I got a perfect solution from a forum member
seems to be quite simple, Is also quite modern & reasonably new I think, You can get a digital sticker ! Go on the www, enter some data, pay some € , and all my potential problems ( sticking stuff on a Matt paint definately is not my favourite) are solved.

I love it

#8 ·
Although, the “Louis” Methode.... in fact exactly what I was looking for :), thx DerChef62 .....

Reactions: motosickle
#9 ·
take it easy mate.... found your digs in Newchurch already? if not I can recommend Haus Dörflinger which is in Bramberg about 5 kms away from Newchurch, they used to have a bus shuttle service so you can sleep away from the noise but you can also take part in the fun...
goodness all this makes me think about going down there again, I stopped doing it as Triumph pulled out, but the whole valley is full of motorcycle maniacs when that festival is on... might find me there, not on the bobber though, the Tiger is my long distance bike

#10 ·
@derchef62,
I was in Newchurch, at I think the last time you could call it Tridays, (so i didn’t go last year) on my triumph tiger 800 (yes we’ve got some stuff in common) as you know on a tiger 800 you can load until.... so i went camping. This year I wanted to go again but on the bobber, means forget luggage, forget camping .... I contacted, in fact without too much hope due to past experiences, the tourist agency... YES they offered me something IN Neukirchen.... WOW I’m saved
Cu
Léon

#12 ·
@derchef62, yeah of course, having a caravan behind the Tiger, and my wooden shoes in the tank bag :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.