Light Sensitive Throttle - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By eisen77

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Light Sensitive Throttle

My throttle seems very light. Not enough drag / tension. On freeways cruising at higher speeds my throttle hand seems to just float , cant seem to get use to this. Anyone else ?

Life is what you make it.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Sorry, I do not have this issue.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

I had that feeling with my first Explorer 1200. The ride by wire throttle was too light and any uneven surface or unintended movement would send you surging forward. And i had the same ¨lack of resistance¨and ¨floating¨sensation.
That was back in 2015 and I do not have the same issue on the Bobber. In fact i tried a 2017 Explorer 1200 and they had rectified the sensitive/weird throttle feeling. They probably took note of all the complaints!

Maybe you should have your bike looked at by the dealer to check calibration (if thats even possible on RBW throttles...)?
catchoreno likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
I had that feeling with my first Explorer 1200. The ride by wire throttle was too light and any uneven surface or unintended movement would send you surging forward. And i had the same ¨lack of resistance¨and ¨floating¨sensation.
That was back in 2015 and I do not have the same issue on the Bobber. In fact i tried a 2017 Explorer 1200 and they had rectified the sensitive/weird throttle feeling. They probably took note of all the complaints!

Maybe you should have your bike looked at by the dealer to check calibration (if thats even possible on RBW throttles...)?
Thanks, called them yesterday. They said theirs a spring thats fixed preset from factory that can not be calibrated. It is what it is.

Life is what you make it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page