Why it was love at first site! - Triumph Bobber Forum
 9Likes
  • 9 Post By BOBBYP

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Why it was love at first site!

I hate to realize it but I have been riding for almost 5 decades! I love old bikes especially Cafe Racers and Bobbers. Until a few years ago you had to make them, not buy them. I have several back yard creations in my garage right now. Back yard engineering, available frames, motors and parts. I'm proud of them, But if I think I can strap on a 3 day pack and point them at the horizon for a great long weekend, I am severely kidding my self!

When Triumph introduced the Bobber with factory engineering, factory handling, and factory reliability, I had to have one, Heck, there's even a factory warranty.

Several other manufacturers have also introduced Bobbers, and with the huge success many others will soon follow! But I believe Triumph was the truest rendering and I doubt anybody else will surpass them!
Cafe Racers and Bobbers were bikes that were stripped down on different sides of the pond! So... when people start adding all kinds of crap to them that will make them heavier or more complicated, it Irks me...sorry!

I know many Bobber buyers could care less about history, or authenticity! They are maturing riders coming off sport bikes that want to stay within the Triumph brand or they just think it's flat out cool (which it is).
They are the reason Triumph is making what I call the "watered down versions" with dual brakes and passenger seats. Make no mistake they will sell them by the boat load, Triumph marketing hasn't made a mistake lately! I'll just take mine straight up thank-you!

P.S. Any of you younger riders who may think I'm trying to brag about 5 decades of riding (doesn't mean crap ) remember one thing...... It's only the next ride that counts!
getor, Griff0351, MikeB and 6 others like this.

Last edited by BOBBYP; 02-09-2018 at 09:46 PM. Reason: thought!
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBYP View Post
I'm proud of them, But if I think I can strap on a 3 day pack and point them at the horizon for a great long weekend, I am severely kidding my self!
A big reason for me. I am so over tinkering to get things going/keep things going. Key in, starter pressed and off but then of course the chance to customize without altering reliability, ooooh and a warranty.

PS I do check levels and tyre pressures
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 09:04 PM

Garage
Ha, the last Triumph I owned was kick only and that was after I tickled the Amal. Totally reliable Lucas electrics to boot.

2018 Triumph Bobber with Triumph brown quilted seat, BC Sleeper Pros, Booster Plug, leather fork bag
2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2006 Harley Roadking

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page