• 1 Post By Forjox
  • 3 Post By eisen77
  • 6 Post By daggartuk
  • 1 Post By eisen77
  • 2 Post By derchef62

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Bike Brothers Fender Rack

Hi all, was having difficulty choosing between the rear fender different options - namely BB, Ural or Fehling but ended up choosing BB on the basis that it has been fabricated for the Bobber. Ordered direct from their website and delivered safely and quickly. Great, I think, worth paying the extra as I want my bike to have the best (almost twice the cost of Fehling after shipping and currency conversion costs). I open the package and I'm really pleased, except.... it comes with Fehling leaflet and picture inside! Am I getting this right - is the Bike Brothers rack actually a Fehling rack?

Last edited by daggartuk; 01-30-2018 at 08:45 AM.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 09:08 AM

Garage
I chose the Ural rack based on the brackets being located on the outer bar. I just thought it looked better and sturdier. The Fehling rack shown on this forum mostly was a unit made for a Yamaha and seemed to be wider at one end and also wider than the fender and I didn't want that either. Fehiling is a manufacturer and I would be surprised if they made the Ural rack as well based on the similarities between the three racks we've seen so far. Looking at the Fehling site I think theirs looks exactly like the BB and is listed much cheaper, but I'm not sure if shipping would change the comparison. I think you've chosen a great product.
daggartuk likes this.

Riding Free
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply Forjox. The Fehling rack is widely available on ebay with free delivery so would have worked out much cheaper.
I'm confused and think some clarity may help other members make an informed choice - one post here says the BB is smaller than the Fehling so they could be different. However, if they are the same then at least members can choose the cheapest and best option for themselves. For what it's worth, the inclusion of a Fehling leaflet and photo in my delivery parcel suggests it is the same item and I agree they both look identical.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Donīt you have the right to return the item?
I am a big fan of BB accessories & their craftsmanship, but if indeed it is a Fehling (even rebranded) you have the right to know and get your money back.
I would pay for THEIR work, but not extra just to have a BB stamp or name on a cheaper accessory.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
Donīt you have the right to return the item?
I am a big fan of BB accessories & their craftsmanship, but if indeed it is a Fehling (even rebranded) you have the right to know and get your money back.
I would pay for THEIR work, but not extra just to have a BB stamp or name on a cheaper accessory.
I don't think it would be a problem returning but whether I'd have to pay for shipping or indeed be able to claim for the original delivery shipping is another question - shipping costs were and would be expensive. I've sent them an email suggesting that if their luggage rack is indeed a Fehling one then their website has misled me into believing that the product was of their own work. Thanks for your reply eisen77.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Update - response from Bike Brothers

Hi, just thought I'd update you all on this issue. I have received a reply to my email from Markus at Bike Brothers and he explains that he originally approached Fehling to produce the luggage rack for them. It seems that in the cutthroat world of business, Fehling then proceeded to manufacture the racks for themselves and undercut BB's price. Markus recognises that as a result of this he now needs adjust his price accordingly. He has also offered a partial refund which I have accepted.

IMHO, Bike Brothers have been most helpful and quick to respond to customer concerns so they still get my vote.

So for clarity, the Bike Brothers luggage rack and the Fehling luggage rack are the same product.

Cheers
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Thatís fantastic news and a massive thumbs up for the way Markus & BB handle their customers.
It reflects the professional manner they showed when dealing with my purchase and I must say that I look forward to dealing with them again in the future.

Glad you got it sorted
MikeB likes this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 09:37 AM

Markus is a great guy, he used to be head mechanic of Triumph Frankfurt but left some 3 years ago to open his own business with his brother. I realised that the Fehling rack is the same than Markus' and ordered mine online for 20 Euros less, if I had known that Fehling stole Markus' design I would not have done that....
ysoslo and MikeB like this.

2017 Bonneville Bobber in jet black
2013 Tiger 800 roadie in crystal white

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page