• 4 Post By Psychopasta
  • 3 Post By bigbird
  • 1 Post By MX429

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

BikeEXIF custom Bobber

Red Hot: A bobbed Bonneville Bobber hot rod from Paris | Bike EXIF

Interesting bike. They put a Thruxton front end on, and some massive Beringer braking system. Other mods are fairly standard, air box elimination, paint and killer crocodile leather seat.

- Pasta
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 01:09 PM

need to be Filthy rich for that, men ...

765RS,Speed3R,ThruxtonR,T120,ThruxtonClassic,Thrux tonEFI,HDSlim,48,NightRoad,DynaGlide,Roadking,Héri tage,900CBR,1500F6C,1100ZRX,1200Bandit,1100Zéphir, 1000CBR,750SRAD,VMax,750&1000GSXR,750Stinger,FJ120 0,500XT,Ténéré,GS1000&750,GT750&380,RDX,K5..
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFEN View Post

need to be Filthy rich for that, men ...
Yeah, I bet!
But I like what they've done!

Cheers!
mike

Through the mud & the blood, to the green fields beyond...

British Army Veteran 1975-1984
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 03:04 PM

Life is what we make it!

This Bobber looks really strange to me! This dizzying custom rebuild of a Bobber was undoubtedly a really big deal!

But I like the typically british Bobber style and I fell in love with my Bobber last but not least because of it's bigger front wheel with the well handling slim tire and the classic single disc brake setup. This is why I'm not attracted by the new Bobber Black anyway. I also like the non HD like chain drive! And isn't the carefully hidden rear shock maybe the sexiest part of the bike at all?

The upside down fork and the Beringer double disc radial brake setup on the "Red Hot" will perform great on a race track, for shure, but therefor I'm missing the race bars! The entire front end doesn't match the classic appearence of a Bobber anyway! The rear shock is very present because of the eliminated airbox and due to the very prominent seat as well.

Basically this bike is imitating a Thruxton. But can it be ridden like that?
getor, MikeB and 1960Bobber like this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 03:57 PM

Fat tyre,twin discs, upside downs, huge rear pulley.
If my bobber had looked like that I would not have bought it.
It's a no from me.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 12:36 AM

I also am not a fine of the efforts to “sport bike”the front end of the bobber. It is styled to be what it is. If you need something different, you are going against the “roots” of the way I think this bike was intended to look. There is a also a lot of monkey see monkey do in this game. Before you jump on the band wagon of how your brakes are too weak, go out and test yours. If you haven’t made test high speed stops in a safe area and flirt with the activation of the anti lock, then you have no idea what your brakes or bike are capable of. I am not saying some folks have done fine work with their break upgrades, but for many and how they ride, it is probably a waste of money.

I also think the air box deletes look a little foolish. The bar I have highlighted is there to hide the shock, contain the air box, follow the lines of a hard tail and brace the frame somewhat. If I were a part of an air box delete build I would r move this bar completely and add a small support where needed. This would completely expose the shock and linkage. There would be a blank canvas to coat the shock parts and linkage for a very wild look, all while a seat was just floating above the entire exposed unit.

That bar and back end looks a little silly and missing something without the air box. Just my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ED32B341-93E0-44F0-88FB-A08BD993913A.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	14114  
1960Bobber likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
All things considered, removing the airboxes and what not are even more "bobber". Coupling that with the minimalist clock (what is it called now?), I think they made the bobber even more of a bobber.

The front end doesn't really bother me, its' a clean look, and the colors work well. Not a fan of the grips, but then again apes aren't really "bobber" either (to me) though do look good on some of the bikes. To each there own there.

Other than the air diffuses or whatever those things are on the forks, I can't say this is ugly. Looks better and will be more functional than the springer setup.

Just my opinions, grains of salt and all that.....
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 10:44 AM

You are right. Everyone has their own view. I like all of them...even the ones I don’t like.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page