Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Why?!?!?!?!?!

9K views 35 replies 25 participants last post by  oatmeal769 
#1 ·
Why the **** would anyone put scrambler pipes on a Bobber. ?

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
Because they can....?

Although, don't like it myself but then what do I know...:wink2:

Cheerio,

Roy
Ah, so many negative 'nay sayers' out there.....is on my think-about-it list, as I plan to add a sidecar to my black next year and was after a something different appearance. Jeeeze I better not post pix if I do (fit scrambler pipes that is!), might get ridiculed.

#9 ·
Maybe their ass got cold?

I admire the outside the box thinking though.

#18 ·
Gotta admit it, I like it a lot. I've been looking for a different solution as the Delkevic's are a maintenance headache (right in the way of the axle bolt/nut for chain/tire/etc. maintenance).

The high pipes are cool, i'd do a different set than this, but I love the concept. A guy named Classic Octane on Youtube has a 60/70s triumph bobber with high pipes, looks the business!

#23 ·
Because the designer has a prosthetic left leg and wants to keep his right leg warm in the winter...................

And I dare him to try it offroad (i have enough issues bottoming out on my dropkerb!)

#29 ·
Obviously the Bobber is a blatantly illogical choice for a scrambler and the result is an aesthetic atrocity to many of us, but what's the harm? Presumably the owner likes it. Or maybe they are just dying for attention and did something whacky to get it.

We'll all be dead soon enough, so do what makes you happy or earns you money and let others do the same. Life is good.

-GPz/Gary

#31 ·
I found the pics from the Bobber Build-off and it does look pretty dang sweet with the fairing. The clip-on bars are a must, which is the part that was throwing me off mentally, because I was imagining the standard bars.

As others have said, to each their own. As long as the rider loves it, then that's really all that matters. I've seen plenty of Bobbers that I'm not a fan of, and I know some aren't a fan of mine. Didn't lose a bit of sleep over it. :)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.