Bobber TFC - Triumph Bobber Forum
 86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2019, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Bobber TFC

Well it's finally here and it sure looks good!

Old 11-05-2019, 05:27 AM

Interesting, I'll take the extra 10HP and upgraded shocks - Triumph can keep the rest.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:40 AM

I was hoping that maybe Triumph might improve the ground clearance but it looks like the same set up as before. The suspension, bars and pipes look good though.

Those Union Jack tank pads (or paint job - I'm not sure which) are a touch on the tacky side however.
GPz likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2019, 06:01 AM

Garage
Sweet... about what I was expecting based on the Thruxton and Rocket. I'd love those forks. Oh, and I'd love that little triumph badge with the gold edging on the engine cover Might be time to get some pinstripe work Kinda like the inspection window approach to the agc badge. Does anyone else ever wish for black spark plug covers?

Bobber-Bomb likes this.

~ "Orange is the happiest color" ~
My Photography Website: www.photobytrace.com

Last edited by Trace; 11-05-2019 at 06:04 AM.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:05 AM

That 19” front wheel was a surprise. I do like the suspension and brake components as well as the sport mode. However I’ll stick with my bike unless I see a deal on a TFC (then I’d transfer over all my goodies).
PappyG likes this.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:13 AM

Garage
Jeez!!!! Ł15,500!!! That's nearly basic Bobber +50%!!!!!

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
Old 11-05-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffer View Post
I was hoping that maybe Triumph might improve the ground clearance but it looks like the same set up as before. The suspension, bars and pipes look good though.

Those Union Jack tank pads (or paint job - I'm not sure which) are a touch on the tacky side however.
Having just seen some close up pics, the attention to detail is pretty astounding - I'm actually starting to like that bare metal flag.
Bobber-Bomb and gfspencer like this.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm surprised by how much I like it, as Guffer says the attention to detail is outstanding and there are lots of bits (if they were available) that I would be more than happy to add to my Bobber.

But upside down forks, mono-block brakes, an LED headlight, and carbon fibre everywhere, IMHO detracts from the old school vibe of the original Bobber, which to my eye they nailed with a look that echoed a supped up Speed Twin from the 1940, but I guess that's the oxymoron that is the 'Modern Classic'.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 14.04.28.png
Views:	55
Size:	384.3 KB
ID:	39559  
muensterDeath and Roy like this.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:05 AM
Roy

Garage
I think it's a sharp looking bike but if I'm honest my disappointment is that they are pandering to the performance crowd. Many on here I'm sure and no disrespect intended but if I want a 'racing' bike I would buy the Thruxton.

The TFC Rocket and Thruxton are both performance bikes, I was hoping for a little more 'style' leaning with this build.

Still I'm sure I'm in the minority and the will all sell out. Who here will be the first to buy one?

Cheerio,

Roy
Old 11-05-2019, 12:03 PM
Sub

If its only $5k more, thats not a bad deal considering the brakes, suspension and pipes would cost that, if not more.

Im not sure on the tank unions or non black pipes, or skinny front tire. I also think the triple tree is out of character, but you can imagine that it was much less expensive to do that than produce a new part. Maybe they could have colored it black. Im not a carbon fiber fan either, especially on a bike like this whos whole point is to reiterate designs of days past. Its a bad mix, but some of the younger crowd may like it.

Either way its awesome to see the bobber so well supported, and it is really cool. Good job triumph.
Bobber-Bomb and BurgerBobber like this.