• 7 Post By Roy
  • 1 Post By Guffer
  • 3 Post By Roy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Thumbs up The Triumph Bobber - A 'Very' Capable Motorcycle

I'm just back from a few days riding & camping with my 2018 Triumph Bobber Black. The weather here in Arizona right now is perfect. The searing heat of the Summer is behind us and the cold of winter has yet to arrive, so riding all day long is not only doable but really wonderful, mile after mile of bone dry desert roads.

While riding earlier today, I decided to jump on the highway. As you all know I'm running hard panniers and a windshield, both great to aid in my camping and comfort. Once on the highway I hit 80mph and engaged the cruse-control and left it there for the best part of an hour. Even up and over a mountain, this little Bobber, held steady and smooth as swept round the long curves overtaking all the lorries in those slow lanes.

As this little Triumph effortlessly gobbled up the miles, I thought this is a really capable bike. Yes I know there are better bikes for this type of riding, more powerful, larger, more comfortable, I get it but don't discount the Triumph Bobber and relegate it to just being a bar hopper. This is a really great bike and very capable, perhaps more than we give it credit for. And with a little tweaking, maybe a windshield for longer rides, this bike can be more comfortable over a long haul than it was intended to be. It worth taking the occasional long ride just to enjoy how wonderful this engine runs.

After many miles at a steady 80mph, I in now way felt that I was riding anything but a splendid and very capable motorcycle. A thoroughly enjoyable ride whether on windy mountain roads or at speed on the highway.

Well that's my tupence worth for today.

Cheerio,

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 8.12.43 PM.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	38967  
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 12:00 PM

You are so right. Iím constantly amazed by how well the Bobber performs in most aspects of road riding considering that it looks like a radical custom bike.

Iíd go as far as saying itís the most enjoyable bike Iíve ever owned. I love it.
Roy likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffer View Post
You are so right. Iím constantly amazed by how well the Bobber performs in most aspects of road riding considering that it looks like a radical custom bike.

Iíd go as far as saying itís the most enjoyable bike Iíve ever owned. I love it.
Funny you say that @Guffer , when I'm out and about and I'm constantly asked questions about the Bobber, my oft used reply is 'I've owned bigger, faster, more powerful bikes but never owned one I enjoyed so much.

Cheerio,

Roy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page