Wunderkind items - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Wunderkind items

So, I've purchased a few items from the Wunderkind website, but have ended up with items for the standard Bobber, not the Bobber Black specifically the fork covers and the end caps for the front axle. The website wasn't massively clear, even with the English translation. As a result, the axle end caps don't fit (as the threaded axle isn't long enough) and the fork covers will not fit as the Black forks are thicker.

The correct items do exist on the AJ Cycles website, but the Wunderkind website doesn't list them. Any idea how to order the correct items off their website? I'm hoping that they'll just send the longer spindle, but I may look at selling the fork covers.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Send an email to Detlef at Wunderkind.
[email protected]

He will, Iím sure do his best to help and remember there is a language barrier and just some friendly advice - Germans very much appreciate calm and respectful communication (especially Detlef).

Iíll be happy to help if you need some assistance and I understand itís frustrating having limited info in English on Wunderkinds website or the instruction manual once items are received.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah, I've send an email in German and English so hopefully that should help. The website does show the axle covers fitted to the Black, which is part of the confusion. I'm still waiting on some parts, so I'm hoping that they'll just put the correct axle in as the end covers are the same. The fork ones are more of an issue, but it does mention that they're 41mm on one part of the website, but not elsewhere. Not a huge issue, they're only £50 odd so I'll sell them if I need to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

They should definitely state when parts will fit a standard Bobber and not the black (or vice versa). It’s difficult to decipher and i for one know jack sh** about measurements, mm’s, etc.
For that reason always email the dealer or reseller before buying an item I’m not 100% sure about.
I’m pretty sure Marcello at FreeSpirits gets a cluster headache every time he sees an email from me
But I must say that both him and Detlef at Wunderkind are a pleasure to deal with and always answered my questions promptly, patiently & politely. There is only a delay with Detlef if he’s away. If he doesn’t answer for some reason, I’ll PM you another contact email address.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
It always comes down to the forks. Everything else is ok. I had a brake caliper cover which didn't quite fit because of my side mount, but I've addressed that now. The stuff is good quality from what I've seen.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page