Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Overview Video for TuneECU on the new triumph models

13K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  kilyung 
#1 ·
Put together a video on some of the basics of TuneECU for the new twins. With this setup you can reset wrench icon, bleed brakes, check engine codes and reset and also reset adaptation. You will also be able to make tuning changes but we haven’t figured that out yet. Enjoy. https://youtu.be/3__9SntjJKY

#5 · (Edited)
I couldn’t help it and bought an OBDLink MX+ and TuneECU. Mainly to clear codes on my cars but it works as well as DealerTool on the Bobber with the added benefit of being able to remap the ECU. Just a note, my MX+ came with firmware 4.5.27 and needed to be upgraded (5.1.3) before it would work with my Bobber. TuneECU isn’t very clear about it (states OBDLink firmware 4.5.x will work) except on the change log page:

TuneECU Change Log 4.5.32 (23 Aug 2019)
Adding maps for Triumph Tiger 800 MY 2018+* & Bonneville Bobber*
*This model can be remapped only with the OBDLink LX or MX Bluetooth (firmware version 4.3 or up)
and with the OBDLink MX+ model (firmware version 5.0 or up)

#6 ·
As an old school scooter bum I have to get up to speed with this. First EFI bike ever. I'd like to make some changes to my ride down the road so I will be looking into this. I am completely lost on most of this. **** tech has really out run me since I rode last.

#9 ·
Thanks for the reply. I don't want to work with the ECU map.
All I need is a fault check, a service interval reset and an ABS to bleed the brakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.