About to complete the trifecta - Triumph Bobber Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

About to complete the trifecta

So after buying my Bobber Black last summer as a first time rider, I have to say I’m getting a little bike happy. I added the 2020 R 1250 RS as a sports tourer about 5 weeks ago. Now I have put a downpayment on a middleweight ADV. after much research, I am going to buy the 2020 KTM 790 Adventure R “Rally”. They are only going to make 500 of these and I feel like I have a pretty good in to get one. All of the reviews I’ve read are stellar for the 2019 and it seems to be a better bike that the Africa Twin or even the BMW 850 in terms of what you get. I’m excited to get something in the woods and in the sand and hit some rocks! I’ve been riding my Bobber as much as ever, it’s actually took the BMW to really appreciate the type of bike it is and just how totally awesome it is. With the X pipe and the V&H pipes, it sounds amazing. Seems a bit slower after getting off the BMW put still pulls plenty of power. Who else has been keeping separate bikes for different rides? Would love to hear how people have complimented the Bobber.
Psychopasta likes this.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 06:01 PM

Garage
Go Far and Go Fast.

Thinking about a true dual purpose, I have hundreds of miles of off road area at hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190729_133524.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	522.6 KB
ID:	37691  

My Bike's Photographic History to Date
Yes I'm Proud of My Bike! Deal!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 08:59 PM

I sold a 2010 BMW F800GS to get the Bobber as I wasn’t doing much ADV riding anymore and wanted more of a boulevard cruiser. The RE Himalayan looks interesting as a cheap occasional ADV ride. I’ve got a tricked out 1995 Ducati 900SS for when I want a faster pace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

R1200GSA LC.
Absolutely brilliant bike and as a year rounder + for my needs, nothing comes close.
As such, it compliments the Bobber perfectly.

Your 1250RS is was fantastic choice too. VERY fast and smooth bikes to ride.

I can no longer contort my body into race rep position for sports bikes, so next on the list may be a new Triumph Rocket to park next to the other 2.
But I am waiting to see it AND I also want to try out an electric bike as I hear they are phenomenal. Not many in Mallorca at the moment, though!
Psychopasta likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page