Tour ideas please folks? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Tour ideas please folks?

Hi all,

I have 7 days holiday to take. My trip can commence from as early as the 22nd of Sept but must start no later than the 5th Oct.

I was planning to visit the Picos in Spain but just can’t secure a crossing via the ferry with agreeable dates from either Portsmouth or Plymouth so that trip will have to take place next year.

I’m happy to go anywhere with based on the following ideals...

• As dry a location as possible
• Must of course offer great roads/views
• 150 ish miles max per day... give or take
• Did I mention as dry as possible

If any of you can make any suggestions or even better provide a gpx file of great roads etc I would be eternally grateful
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 01:57 PM
GPz

I have no route suggestions to offer, but have you considered how much fun it would be to have your wife accompany you on her bike?

-GPz/Gary
ysoslo, Psychopasta and Tom Tenore like this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 02:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J Commo View Post
Hi all,

I have 7 days holiday to take. My trip can commence from as early as the 22nd of Sept but must start no later than the 5th Oct.

I was planning to visit the Picos in Spain but just can’t secure a crossing via the ferry with agreeable dates from either Portsmouth or Plymouth so that trip will have to take place next year.

I’m happy to go anywhere with based on the following ideals...

• As dry a location as possible
• Must of course offer great roads/views
• 150 ish miles max per day... give or take
• Did I mention as dry as possible

If any of you can make any suggestions or even better provide a gpx file of great roads etc I would be eternally grateful

Tunnel to Coquelles, either down th coast road towards Boulogne and overnight for the first night there, or leap on the Autoroute to go further south... Normandy is brilliant. I stayed with a mate in his friend's B&B in Carentan. General ride around the peninsula one day then off to Arromanches the second.

Gorgeous

When I took the Norge to Rome we didn't book anywhere en route and found Formule 1 and Premiere Class budget places
Mike J Commo likes this.

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPz View Post
I have no route suggestions to offer, but have you considered how much fun it would be to have your wife accompany you on her bike?

-GPz/Gary
You're a troublemaker Gary.

Mike, make sure you return before Brexit.

Chico
chezqui, Mike J Commo and Johnny like this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 06:12 PM
GPz

Hey Mike, where did your "Ride with the Mrs goes South" thread go? That was great and I was just getting ready to put popcorn on!

-GPz/Gary
Tom Tenore likes this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

-GPz/Gary
I somehow knew I’d regret the over share lol
ysoslo and Tom Tenore like this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzilazz View Post
Tunnel to Coquelles, either down th coast road towards Boulogne and overnight for the first night there, or leap on the Autoroute to go further south... Normandy is brilliant. I stayed with a mate in his friend's B&B in Carentan. General ride around the peninsula one day then off to Arromanches the second.

Gorgeous

When I took the Norge to Rome we didn't book anywhere en route and found Formule 1 and Premiere Class budget places
I was toying with something like this, thanks for the suggestion. I’m also playing with the idea of the NC500 or a simple one into Wales. Weather wise is dicey though if staying here in the U.K. so would have to make a call on it closer to the time based on there being a more accurate weather report... if there is such a thing!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 04:54 AM

The N-260 from Cerbere on the East France/Spain border, travelling West to Sabinanigo in Spain...you'll get everything you've asked for.

N-260

And you can stop off at the Dali museum in Figueres...it's worth it if you appreciate his talent.
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 08:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Hey Mike, where did your "Ride with the Mrs goes South" thread go? That was great and I was just getting ready to put popcorn on!

-GPz/Gary
Hmmm. Just was wondering the same thing ��. I thought it was a technical glitch but the thread seems to be blocked (hopefully, not by your wife, Mike . Or, did all this baring of our souls just get too sensitive? If so, I guess let sleeping dogs lie.

Last edited by jerrman; 08-28-2019 at 08:34 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrman View Post
Hmmm. Just was wondering the same thing ��. I thought it was a technical glitch but the thread seems to be blocked (hopefully, not by your wife, Mike . Or, did all this baring of our souls just get too sensitive? If so, I guess let sleeping dogs lie.
To be honest guys that post was only ever for me to understand if anyone else had tried and failed to gel with the other half by sharing a ride out... but it seemed to imply that myself and my wife have issues beyond that moment and nothing could be further from the truth... so I pulled it on the basis of feeling it irrelevant to what we’re all here for.

... now back to the tour ideas

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page