New bikes with acessories added - Triumph Bobber Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

New bikes with acessories added

Iíve seen a couple of new barber is advertised with upgrades, Such as, short fender kit, side license plate kit, and multifunction headlights.

When one purchases these bikes from the dealership, do you typically receive the original OEM parts as well?

Forgive my ignorance, but Iíve never bought an accessorized arise new bike before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------
2019 Triumph Bobber Black

2019 Triumph Speed Triple RS
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:03 AM

In my experience, it's usually a swap but it depends on the dealer. It doesn't hurt to ask.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:12 AM

When you purchase a new bike you pay for all the stock parts. If you purchase aftermarket parts and the dealer installs/fits them you pay for the new parts plus labor. since you already paid for the bike with the stock parts you are entitled to keep the removed stock parts. Any honest dealer will give you the parts you paid for, they're yours.

Chico
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:39 AM
tug

Garage
Red face

They should hand them over to you, I bought a complete set of original parts off a guy which had changed them out at the time of purchase, parts i got from him were

front and rear mudguards with stays
handlebars
all indicators
rear light and brackets
Complete exhaust system

i feel i can drop my bike now and have replacements ready.

Common Sense is a flower
that does not grow in every ones garden.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Definitely hand ALL the stock parts back over to you unless they have made some kind of a trade in deal, whereby they pay you or credit you for the OEM parts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 12:18 PM

Garage
When I bought the Speedmaster with the highway kit and footboards I got all the OEM bits in boxes and they are in my loft...

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 12:22 PM

Garage
Same as Guzzi, I had the original parts in the accessory boxes when I bought mine.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 01:00 PM

Garage
Forgive me if Iím getting this wrong but Iím not sure that syne7 is asking what you are answering.
If the dealer is offering a bike already fitted with custom upgrades and effectively a special edition that they have created, then Iím not sure you would be given any items replaced. If however you request upgrades/changes be made and pay for those parts then of course you would get the original parts.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 01:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by syne7 View Post
I’ve seen a couple of new barber is advertised with upgrades, Such as, short fender kit, side license plate kit, and multifunction headlights.

When one purchases these bikes from the dealership, do you typically receive the original OEM parts as well?

Forgive my ignorance, but I’ve never bought an accessorized arise new bike before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's hard to say, normally when YOU order a new bike with accessories you get the stock parts as well.

However I have known dealers to do their own limited run special editions, a BMW dealership near us does this with R Nine Ts giving them custom paint and Akrapovic exhausts. In this case do you get the stock parts too, I don't know? The only way to find out is to ask your dealer.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber-Bomb View Post
It's hard to say, normally when YOU order a new bike with accessories you get the stock parts as well.

However I have known dealers to do their own limited run special editions, a BMW dealership near us does this with R Nine Ts giving them custom paint and Akrapovic exhausts. In this case do you get the stock parts too, I don't know? The only way to find out is to ask your dealer.
If the dealer is marking up the price of the bike by the cost of the 'upgrades" already installed on the bike you covet, then he should either give you the original parts or reduce the price by the cost of the original parts. Items such as paint is a different matter and the buyer has to decide if he likes the new paint and whether he's willing to pay for it. When I purchased my Bobber the taller bars were already installed. I requested cc to be added and they gave me all the original parts.
Of course it's all negotiable, that's part of the game.

Chico
Great Black North likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page