2020 Bobber Black? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

2020 Bobber Black?

I've been eying a Bober Black for a while now. My local dealer is now quoting $2,350 in dealer incentives/rebates.

I infer this means a push to clear the floors for 2020 models.

Anyone have any info on the 2020 models? Will they be upgraded again with new stuff?

---------
2019 Triumph Bobber Black

2019 Triumph Speed Triple RS

Last edited by syne7; 08-11-2019 at 06:53 PM.
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by syne7 View Post
I've been eying a Bober Black for a while now. My local dealer is now quoting $2,350 in dealer incentives/rebates.

I infer this means a push to clear the floors for 2020 models.

Anyone have any info on the 2020 models? Will they be upgraded again with new stuff?
Deals will always be available as will great value (and heavily modded) second hand bikes. Don’t rush and you’ll find the right bike - whether it’s a 2020 or 2018 BB.

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...bber-seen.html
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much. Any noticeable difference between 18's and 19 Bobber Blacks? Recalls etc?

I appreciate your response.

---------

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

As far as I’m aware, all 18 & 19 BB’s are the same.
Almost every Bobber (17 onwards) has had an issue here or there and don’t think for a second that the 2020 won’t either.
Most important are servicing and software updates. The rest is pot luck.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Good point and info. My 2019 Speed Triple RS had several issues that were handled under warranty - blinker problem, cruise control issue, & right front fork cap leak. All repaired under warranty in week 1 .

---------

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 12:55 AM

Garage
I have a 2018 BB. For sure there have been no changes in the 2019s. I’ve seen nothing to indicate there will be much change to the 2020s. There was some discussion a while back regarding tank colors but I think that was just speculation.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they just do some special edition models for 2020 like they have done this year with the T100/120. (Ace and Diamond).
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 05:31 PM

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 06:06 PM
GPz

That MC News piece is a farce, nobody at Triumph would approve a turd like that.

In any case, let’s hope they discontinue the model altogether. I rarely see a Bobber on the street and I really like it that way. It sucks when everybody jumps on the bandwagon and ruins something that was special and cool.

For example, 40 years ago when you saw a serious sport bike on the road you knew the rider was an enthusiast who probably built the bike or modified it personally. It was common to both pull over and BS. Sometimes for hours. I made many friends that way. Fast forward 10 years and I asked a crotch rocket rider at the gas station, “Hey, are those flat-slide Mikunis factory carbs?!?” He replied something like “Dude, I have no idea what language you’re speaking — I just make the payments and ride the thing.”

If every third douchebag on the block ends up riding a Triumph Bobber (as happened with Harleys 20 years ago) I’ll probably sell mine.

-GPZ/Gary
Ribkick and oatmeal769 like this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 07:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPz View Post
That MC News piece is a farce, nobody at Triumph would approve a turd like that.

In any case, let’s hope they discontinue the model altogether. I rarely see a Bobber on the street and I really like it that way. It sucks when everybody jumps on the bandwagon and ruins something that was special and cool.

For example, 40 years ago when you saw a serious sport bike on the road you knew the rider was an enthusiast who probably built the bike or modified it personally. It was common to both pull over and BS. Sometimes for hours. I made many friends that way. Fast forward 10 years and I asked a crotch rocket rider at the gas station, “Hey, are those flat-slide Mikunis factory carbs?!?” He replied something like “Dude, I have no idea what language you’re speaking — I just make the payments and ride the thing.”

If every third douchebag on the block ends up riding a Triumph Bobber (as happened with Harleys 20 years ago) I’ll probably sell mine.

-GPZ/Gary

I’m inclined to agree... the bike in the MCN article looked to be fitted out with readily available upgrades that many have already done... with the only element that I’ve not seen before being the weird arm holding the box to the rear. I also have to agree to thinking Triumph wouldn’t let such a rough version of a new bike be seen and have to add that the guy riding it couldn’t have looked more out of place if he had tried.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPz View Post

-GPZ/Gary
I agree about enjoying the exclusivity of the Bobber but would not want Triumph to discontinue their best selling model. I'm hoping they upgrade factory suspension to Ohlins, increase US sales and attract more aftermarket parts suppliers.

Streetglides are everywhere but that sure doesn't wipe the sheet eatin grin across my face every time I'm out on it. My girl doesn't know squat about Keihin or Mikuni carbs but she knows how to ride the Bobber and that makes me happy

[IMG]0804191055a_HDR by Tom Tenore, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]DSC01422a by Tom Tenore, on Flickr[/IMG]
celtwats likes this.

Last edited by Tom Tenore; 08-12-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page