Any other wives or girlfriends ride the bobber? - Page 6 - Triumph Bobber Forum
 107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 02:42 AM

Garage
No wife nor girlfriend, but I do have a hubby, who despite having 2 of his own bikes, keeps stealing mine He especially enjoys the Bobber.
I can't complain too much though, as quite often if we are heading out together for brekky or a day out we'll take both of my bikes and swap rides halfway so I get best of both worlds in the one outing
Us.

And Roy, he'd love one of the new Rockets too.

~ "Orange is the happiest color" ~
My Photography Website: www.photobytrace.com

Last edited by Trace; 08-07-2019 at 02:55 AM.
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:09 PM

We just got my wife a Harley Street 750 for her first bike. It is a low seat model, fairly light weight and docile torque/throttle response - easy on a beginner. It’ll do 70 mph comfortably with no annoying buzz or vibration.
But...
After helping her test ride 6 different middle-displacement bikes in the last 3 weeks (750cc or less) including Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, BMW, and Royal Enfield, I have to say...
My Bobber is THE best handling bike!! Hands down. The Bobber IMHO is second only to the BMW touring bikes in terms of ease of handling. We would have purchased her a Bobber, but she wasn’t comfortable yet with the weight and power. But she’s doing great with learning to ride on the Harley! She’s now licensed to ride here in the USA, and we practice her skills 2-3 times a week around our community streets. I am looking forward to our first jaunt of around 50-60 miles on country roads around our area.
By the by, we are both in our 60’s but she runs 2-3 marathons a year, so very fit.
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by texxassranger View Post
We just got my wife a Harley Street 750 for her first bike. It is a low seat model, fairly light weight and docile torque/throttle response - easy on a beginner. It’ll do 70 mph comfortably with no annoying buzz or vibration.
But...
After helping her test ride 6 different middle-displacement bikes in the last 3 weeks (750cc or less) including Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, BMW, and Royal Enfield, I have to say...
My Bobber is THE best handling bike!! Hands down. The Bobber IMHO is second only to the BMW touring bikes in terms of ease of handling. We would have purchased her a Bobber, but she wasn’t comfortable yet with the weight and power. But she’s doing great with learning to ride on the Harley! She’s now licensed to ride here in the USA, and we practice her skills 2-3 times a week around our community streets. I am looking forward to our first jaunt of around 50-60 miles on country roads around our area.
By the by, we are both in our 60’s but she runs 2-3 marathons a year, so very fit.
If she hasn't taken a MSF course yet it's highly recommend. Kris started on a Honda Grom, then Ninja 300, Ninja 650, now she luvs the bobber as much as I do.

Also highly recommend using Sena or other headsets to communicate. It has brought our motorcycling enjoyment to a whole new level.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190709_195039.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	398.3 KB
ID:	36513   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190709_171147.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	336.4 KB
ID:	36515  
Great Black North, ysoslo and Roy like this.

Last edited by Tom Tenore; 08-07-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page