Viba Wiring Cover - Triumph Bobber Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Angry Viba Wiring Cover

Got to say that I'm extremely dissatisfied.

After paying an exorbitant amount(even after a nice discount from the always wonderful A&J Cycles), I got my fancy schmancy Viba cover....

Only to find out its construction is poorly done for being the extreme price it is. Not only that, but due to it's poor construction the left panel has already cracked. Whether it be from the Texas weather, or from the fact that your instrument cluster is pretty tight in there, it's still throw away money if this is the end result within less than a years use.

All in all I'm just a little peeved that this product is worth over 200 USD whereas its value is more along the lines of 60-70 USD.

(Pay no attention to the yellow wire. I know)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vibabobber.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	35637  

So long, and thanks for all the fish!
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 02:15 PM

Garage
200 USD for a 3D print job, wow!

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 03:22 PM

You at least got a year out of yours. I had mine installed at a dealer with a bunch of other stuff and when I got home I realized the left side was broken off. Not sure if it was that way when I left the dealer or broke off on the way home but I think itís the former. Just got my new one and installed it myself, if this one breaks Iím going to be officially annoyed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 03:49 PM

Agreed. Mine has not broken yet, but it is definitely a cheap piece. It's faded and discolored quite a bit after a few months. Would be very nice if someone made a higher quality version of this wouldn't it..?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 04:19 PM

I’ve made myself stuff from Kydex in the past. This seems like it’d be a good application depending on how hot the area gets. If it doesn’t get hotter than 300įF for 1mm Kydex, it should resist cracking well. For you guys with a broken Viba cover, you could use that to make a Kydex mould.
ArmchairHero likes this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogan.mcgillis View Post
You at least got a year out of yours. I had mine installed at a dealer with a bunch of other stuff and when I got home I realized the left side was broken off. Not sure if it was that way when I left the dealer or broke off on the way home but I think itís the former. Just got my new one and installed it myself, if this one breaks Iím going to be officially annoyed.

Wow, at least I'm not the only person. I feel a little relieved knowing this

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
Iíve made myself stuff from Kydex in the past. This seems like itíd be a good application depending on how hot the area gets. If it doesnít get hotter than 300įF for 1mm Kydex, it should resist cracking well. For you guys with a broken Viba cover, you could use that to make a Kydex mould.

What is this and how do I go about doing this? I was originally trying to find another person with a 3D rig that lets me print material that's stronger than soda bottle plastic, but I can't find anything like that around me.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by majstevetrevor View Post
Agreed. Mine has not broken yet, but it is definitely a cheap piece. It's faded and discolored quite a bit after a few months. Would be very nice if someone made a higher quality version of this wouldn't it..?

Yes, I was planning on either making my own STL so people can produce it with whatever they want from a 3D printer, or remake it with aluminum and then paint it.
ArmchairHero likes this.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 11:26 PM
Vendor

I don’t disagree with pricing on the part, but that is what we have to charge for them to bring them in France. And while they are 3D printed, from my buddy that is a wizard in 3D printing, they are actually not cheap to make. It is a special Kind of material and printer made.
Viba have benefited from being the only game in town. That being said, we have a few local customers that we have installed them on well over a year ago, without any issues.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 01:58 AM

If anyone wants to sell me their broken Viba cover I would be interested in using it as a template for a new version. Since I could use a few covers it’s worth the cost of my trying to make them from aluminum or stainless and have it powder coated.
ArmchairHero likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 10:25 AM

Garage
Hey Guys.

I was of the same opinion, was not paying that ridiculous amount for a piece of plastic (no offence Brian), so I went this route,,

Not sure how handy you all are, but, here is an option, It takes a bit of effort, but is worth it I think.

DIY Air Box Delete

eisen77, majstevetrevor and Roy like this.

My Bike's Photographic History to Date
Yes I'm Proud of My Bike! Deal!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page