Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Spare a thought for Enoch

15K views 76 replies 34 participants last post by  Birdy 
#1 ·
Hi folks....

I hope nobody minds me posting this... But I was hoping that the thoughts of decent like minded people and what I consider to be internet friends, will have a positive effect on the outcome...:smile2:

Next Tuesday I begin an intensive course of Chemotherapy in an attempt to rid me of the big C:frown2:

I’ve recently been diagnosed with “High grade Non-Hodgkins lymphoma:crying:

Treatment is going to be tough, and on top of the lymphoma, I also have to deal with my Haemophilia, which will be exasperated by the Chemotherapy....

I’m determined to keep a positive frame of mind, and reading and contributing to the Bobber forum will be part of that.

I’m sure there will be down moments, and that’s where I hope you lot will come in, and give me a kick up the bum...0:)

#9 ·
You can beat this! Just keep your mind positive through everything.

I’ve been watching my 8 month old battle stage 4s neuroblastoma that she was diagnosed with at 1 month old. Battling right along side her the whole way. She’s hopefully done with chemo and on the way to recovery. I once thought I was tough for learning to walk again after almost dying on a bike, but her strength amazes and inspires me.

Sending some positive thoughts your way so that your story can be an inspiration for others as well.

#11 ·
Enoch, the big C has tried and failed to beat my closest family members and my best friend (& his wife too). Their determination truly is inspirational.

Be strong, be positive and focus on the people and hobbies that bring you happiness.
We will be here to offer support, humor and an uplifting mood whenever you need.

#13 ·
So sorry about this news but, hey, you ride motorcycles so you can beat this. A very close and longtime friend is going through pancreatic C and his incredibly positive attitude, reflected in his group emails has kept his head way above water and strengthened both his friendships and his marriage relationship. He said you get to know who your friends are and really appreciate their love and support. We, on the forum, are probably mostly long distance friends and only connected via our common Bobber passion but, with that comes whatever emotional support you might need. So, don’t hesitate to lean on us, if needed. All the best.

#17 ·
My father was diagnosed with terminal cancer and told to get his affairs in order straightaway. The doc said 6 mo. tops. That was over two years before I was born and he lived till I was twenty. Technology is worlds better now, but it's still good to be a tough, defiant son of a b!tch who simply refuses to accept what the "experts" claim to "know." Thank God that's what my dad was or I wouldn't be here today, much less my kids.

Good luck, Enoch. I will pray for you.

-Gary

#20 ·
Sorry you're having to endure the hardships of chemo to rid yourself of this, but know that there are a lot of riders all around the globe praying and sending good vibes/thoughts your way. I'm sure you'll kick this and be riding again without a worry at all sometime soon.

#27 ·
Enoch,

I had stage 4 prostate cancer. I had a radical prostatectomy buy my urologist wasn't satisfied. The prostatectomy was followed with radiation (which was a piece of cake) and hormone treatments (which were horrible for me). I have been tested twice now and I show Zero signs of cancer.

Two years ago my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had the cancer removed and she is in decent shape. She takes hormones but the cancer is gone.

The treatments aren't fun but they do work and they sure as he!! beat the alternative.

By the way, I started riding a Bobber because I couldn't throw my leg over my taller motorcycles. :| So I guess you could say that I learned to adapt. :wink2:

Good luck and God speed. We are all pulling for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.